Author Topic: GE front loader washer not agitating or spinning  (Read 7197 times)

Offline coueshunter

• VIP Member
Re: GE front loader washer not agitating or spinning
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »

At C7 if i unplug it and I test VDC across the plug when I start a cycle I get nothing. Does this test need to be done in the hooked up position? I dont see how it will get any reading with it unplugged. Any help on this one?
C7 Pin 1 to Pin 2 = 135 VDC**
C7 Pin 1 to Pin 2 = 30 VDC**

C7 controls the mode shifter coil.  The inverter board sends out 135VDC for 18 seconds at the beginning of the agitate cycle.  After the 18 seconds, it sends out 30VDC.

The green LED on top of the inverter board does not flashes all the time.  It is not very bright either.  Look at the top right hand side of the inverter board at least 30 - 60 seconds and report the resulting flashes.

If I unplug that plug how will the mode shifter get any voltage if I am testing it on the mode shifter side of the plug? I do nto see how this will work. The only way I see to test voltage is to do it life plugged in. Is this correct?

I started a cycle and looked and looked and no LED is flashing none...... the room is 100% dark as well. i closed the doors. starred for 2 minutes

Offline TechGuy

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »
I am not an appliance technician.  I don't know.  There is not need to measure the voltage as your washer does not flashing 4 times.

According the service manual, the green LED flashes 1 second on and 1 second off when idle.  Your inverter board does not flash anything.  The failure at the motor assembly in such a way that it does not flash.  Since I am not an appliance technician, may be a technician will confirm my reasoning.

Offline coueshunter

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 05:36:37 PM »
I am not an appliance technician.  I don't know.  There is not need to measure the voltage as your washer does not flashing 4 times.

According the service manual, the green LED flashes 1 second on and 1 second off when idle.  Your inverter board does not flash anything.  The failure at the motor assembly in such a way that it does not flash.  Since I am not an appliance technician, may be a technician will confirm my reasoning.

Well from my tests to appears as the board is getting voltage.

now I see that GE calls the fuse inline a "fuse" but I would suggest maybe it is more of a diode. If that is the case it is possible to have voltage and it still not work.

aside from that I would guess it is the board or motor

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »
In my opinion if you have voltage at the harness that plugs into the motor AND the light don't flash at all then you have a bad motor. I would love to do an autopsy on that bad boy. Might be serviceable if you know the trick. Troble is I ain't got that trick up my sleeve ...Yet! :2funny:
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline coueshunter

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »
In my opinion if you have voltage at the harness that plugs into the motor AND the light don't flash at all then you have a bad motor. I would love to do an autopsy on that bad boy. Might be serviceable if you know the trick. Troble is I ain't got that trick up my sleeve ...Yet! :2funny:

HAHAHAHAHA ya, I was coming to the same conclusion

Offline TechGuy

• VIP Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »
If I have the schematic diagram of the inverter board, I can find the components and replace them.

Kenmore Front Loader Washer Making Noise but Drum not spinning

Started by Jaytag

Replies: 2
Views: 2998
Last post June 22, 2009, 09:32:42 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
Second Floor Washer Front Loader

Started by mattjva

Replies: 5
Views: 2605
Last post June 03, 2009, 08:13:28 PM
by PARTech