Author Topic: Electrolux dryer - buzzing from start switch  (Read 3583 times)

Offline lensman

• VIP Member
Electrolux dryer - buzzing from start switch
« on: September 29, 2010, 07:55:23 AM »
I have a 4yr old front-loading dryer - Electrolux FEQ221CAS2 that does not work. There is a buzzing noise in the control panel when the start switch is turned on and nothing else happens. Any idea where to start looking for solutions?

Offline lensman

• VIP Member
Re: Electrolux dryer - buzzing from start switch
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 06:16:48 AM »
Okay, I'm going to reply with the answer to my own question in case anyone is experiencing the same problem:  After viewing a great Electrolux repair manual (for models prior to or around 2005?) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzIiBNwRIV4NQ21UQ3d4ektjSmc/edit?usp=sharing - in the end I didn't need it - I decided to clean as much as I could from the outside, took the outlet hose and cleaned it... then sat looking at it wondering where the f*** I was going to start! I had the door open and for the heck of it just tried pushing the door switch in and out several times more out of frustration than a well-planned attack at repair  :-\   Anyway, I closed the door and turned it on - and nearly fell over backwards when the damn thing started!!

So, was it the door switch or did my moving the dryer around re-close a loosened connection somewhere? No idea. Anyway, all I know is it's working and that's all I care about!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 08:11:02 AM »
That switch is probably on it's way out. Better order a new one and have it at the ready.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline lensman

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
That sounds like a good idea. Hope that doesn't happen. It'll take me a couple of hours or more to figure out how to and then actually replace it, mind you!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 10:41:30 AM »
Fearless leader has provided a link to Frigidaire repair videos that run on the Quicktime movie platform. These videos show how to access various appliances. Go to the video training section. To access them use this LINK to AJs blogpage Looks like you remove 2 screws in the back to slide the top off. so that you can access the front panel screws. This newer model I have not had the pleasure of working on yet. I am retired and don't do a lot of service. Mostly for friends.
These are pretty cool videos. OK You remove 2 screws in back and slide the top off. Next you remove 2 screws on the control panel and unplug two big disconnects and one small one (the door switch connection). Then lift off the control. The tech sheet is located right inside that control panel by the way. Then remove 4 screws, 2 inside the door at the 4 and 8 o'clock positions under the filter and 2 at the base of the dryer. Then the front lifts off and basically from there you can replace that pesky door switch.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:01:31 AM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline lensman

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 11:17:30 AM »
Many thanks for your help. Sort of like removing a car engine to replace a spark plug, then   >:(

Here's hoping it holds on a bit longer!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 03:55:57 PM »
I wish I was there to help you.
Looks like it would be kinda fun to work on that beast. :D
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Dryer Push-to-Start Switch

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 5812
Last post June 29, 2008, 08:19:29 PM
by TechnicianBrian
GE dryer Start switch Not staying on.

Started by Bobby D

Replies: 4
Views: 4611
Last post December 13, 2009, 11:01:55 PM