Author Topic: Dishwasher slow leak  (Read 5879 times)

Offline prime311

• VIP Member
Re: Dishwasher slow leak
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 12:53:41 PM »
Suds will make it leak through to the pump?  Its not leaking through the door at all.  I'm going to check, just haven't had a chance.  I wanted to verify that though.  It would make sense since both my tests that ran dry were done without soap. 

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 03:20:51 PM »
I misunderstood and thought it was leaking at the door.  If it's leaking at the pump in the center, then you need to either replace the motor/pump or rebuild it.  Part for the motor/pump is 8193513A (expensive). For rebuild you need the impeller kit, 675806.  You may have to take a hammer and chisel to the drain impeller to get it off.

Offline prime311

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 05:35:04 PM »
What i think is happening is that water is getting through to the thing that spins, then the spinning makes it fly around at which point it drips down the pump.  It isnt dripping down the center of the pump per se. When the dishwasher is running you can feel like a mist spray underneath.   I think the pump seal could still be the problem and I already have it shipping here.  I'll verify the suds thing though too if that also can fit the problem.

Offline prime311

• VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 09:35:25 AM »
Well what I thought was the pump seal wasn't.  I thought the pump seal was what is actually the motor gasket.  The pump seal was fine, I still think the motor gasket could be wear the water is getting out.  Took the thing almost entirely apart.  Cleaned out some random pieces that got caught underneath the pump base and also cleaned off all the gaskets which were very dirty, but still in good shape.  Got it all back together, except for the check valve that snapped when I overtightened it.  Repairing the piece with plastic epoxy right now so I haven't had a chance to test how well it is working yet.  I did check for suds a few days ago, but I didn't see any.  The pump may have been a little loose, as I definitely got it on more snug and it doesn't seem to move as much as I could jiggle it previously.  I did this by putting what I believe is the wash impeller on tighter.  I'll update once I get the check valve back on, that is if the epoxy hold is strong enough. 

Offline prime311

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 09:38:32 AM »
Oh forgot to mention, if is still leaking now then I think I'll have to get that impeller and seal kit you posted.  Thanks again for the help!

Offline prime311

• VIP Member
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 03:47:44 PM »
I got the check valve back in and held together with krazy glue until a new check valve arrives.  I mustve messed something up though either a piece in wrong or screwed the impeller on too tight(is that possible?) because the motor turns on and sounds like its trying to spin for a second or 2, then clicks off(guessing an auto shutoff). 

Offline prime311

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 10:31:27 AM »
Just thought I'd update here in case anyone was curious.  I replaced the check valve now and everything is working normally.  However it is still leaking so I am back to square one.  The only option at this point that I see remaining is the impeller kit or replacing the entire pump/motor as previously suggested and at this point its probably more costly then its worth.  So I spent a few bucks but the learning experience at least was definitely worth it.

Whirlpool Dishwasher Model GU940SCGB3 Door Leak

Started by JimKaran

Replies: 10
Views: 13889
Last post September 13, 2007, 11:39:39 AM
by AJ
Video: Whirlpool Dishwasher Door Leak - How to replace pump seal.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 8176
Last post September 13, 2007, 06:45:17 PM
by AJ
when your LG dishwasher starts to leak read this

Started by BrntToast

Replies: 1
Views: 8888
Last post December 31, 2007, 06:48:29 PM
by AJ
Dishwasher door leak