Author Topic: Kenmore Oasis UL code (even with no clothes.)  (Read 14473 times)

Offline Johns Repair

• Technician
Kenmore Oasis UL code (even with no clothes.)
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:52:51 PM »
In Manuel it says unbalanced load. I get this code with a empty basket (no clothes). She said it does it every time and every load size. Tested (No Clothes) It starts spinning then outer tub starts banging the side of washer and shuts off UL code. I did get it to go through spin 1 time with clothes. I took agitator out and checked tub bolts they are tight. Tub floats and seems level.Checked suspension springs all OK. Took cover off motor checked all nuts and bolts all tight. It washes fine and drains and spins, just wont hit high spin without getting out of balance. No other error codes on it. Not sure where to go from here. Anyone had this problem before?

Model 110.27087601

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Kenmore Oasis UL code (even with no clothes.)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 06:28:15 PM »
Maybe a small item of clothing is in between tubs throwing the washer out of balance in the high spin mode.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 10:52:21 PM »
Keep us posted with what you find.  From what you have said, it seems like you have covered everything i would have looked at.  I would call tech-line. maybe there is a bulletin or something.

Sometimes I hit a dude on tech that don't quite get it, I hang up an call again, usually confirms a, he said she said issue which I can't stand.  Call backs drive me nuts that are caused by a guess from tech line. 
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 05:33:23 AM »
You will end up replacing the tub to solve this issue. They had problems with the bases on them and the cam that is supposed to ride up and down on the shaft. You  mentioned the tub floats, but does it settle down as the water drains?  Watch with the main top up and see what happens.
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline DVaughn

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 02:29:31 PM »
I am not a service tech but I do have some pretty decent mechanical skills. I have a similar model 110.27032602, and I was experiencing the same problems with the UL code with an empty washer as well.

When I removed the basket I noticed that there was water trapped inside the hollow plastic rings on the bottom and top of the basket. I drilled a few small holes, drained the water and plugged them back.

Ran it through a quick drain and spin cycle , and the washer seems to work just fine now. Perhaps this could be the same issue you are having.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 04:15:41 PM »
Could it be that simple. Faulty balance rings?
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline new tech

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »
John, what did you end up finding wrong with this washer?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 09:04:59 PM »
I see where the weights on the bottom of these machines have been changed

Crosley, Maytag and Whirlpool Top Load Washers - Design Change/ Elimination of Counter Weight Model Numbers: CAW12444XW, MVWX600XW1, MVWX500XW1, MVWX500XL1, MVWX550XW1, MVWX600XL1, MVWX700XW1, MVWX700XL1, MVWC400XW2, WTW5500XW2, WTW5500XL2, WTW5550XW2, WTW5600XW2, WTW5640XW2, WTW5700XW2, WTW5700XL2, WTW5610XW2, WTW4950X

2 small centering springs have been added to stabilize and the counterweight gets tossed.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:11:42 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline ScottyMo1

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 06:46:56 AM »
UL code even empty could be bad suspension rods. I have run into this many times and that was the fix.

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
  • over 30 years repairing appliance
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 07:50:22 AM »
I HAD SAME PROBLEM, CHGED. BASKET,  RODS, BOARDS, FINIALLY CHANGED. TUB ASSY. & FIXED IT.  THANK GOD FOR SERVICE PLANS!!!

Offline KiddK

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 08:32:27 AM »
Most likely a bent suspension rod. Very difficult to detect with a visual inspection while installed, especially the back right suspension rod.  If the rod is even slightly bent, the tub will bang violently during the spin cycle (last 12 minutes) regardless of the size of the load.  The washer will then display a UL code and attempt repeatedly to redistribute the load by adding water, agitating, which will not help.  You can attempt to manually redistribute the wet clothes, but that is frustrating. 
Good news.  It is a $60 repair (including shipping and taxes) and you can easily do it yourself with a replacement suspension rod kit, a putty knife, a piece of tape and a piece of paper towel.  For a novice, it will take about 15 minutes, if you are an experienced DIY, easily done in under 10 min. Go to the Repairclinic.com video on YouTube to see how it is done. 

Would recommend doing this troubleshooting step first.

Attached is a photo of the damaged suspension rod. You will notice the bottom one in the picture is noticeably bent when viewed from the side.  This deformation is hard to see when it is installed.
Not included in the Repairclinic video is the plastic retaining clip on the right rear rod that holds a water tube.  Pretty self explanatory and easy to remove/reinstall once you see it.  If you are having a difficult time lifting the upper hook and seating it in the plastic suspension ball, slide a large Phillips head screwdriver through the hook and use it like a handle.  Slide the suspension ball slot onto the shaft of the rod and lower the hook.  When it is aligned, simply slide the screwdriver out laterally and the hook will seat in the suspension ball. 
 Hope this helps.

Offline Maintech

• Technician
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 08:00:22 PM »
When I removed the basket I noticed that there was water trapped inside the hollow plastic rings on the bottom and top of the basket. I drilled a few small holes, drained the water and plugged them back.

Ran it through a quick drain and spin cycle , and the washer seems to work just fine now. Perhaps this could be the same issue you are having.

That water is supposed to be there it is part of the self balancing feature

Kenmore Elite Oasis F-50 Code

Started by Heimbig

Replies: 1
Views: 5007
Last post October 24, 2008, 01:56:14 PM
by Repair-man
Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Washer - oL code

Started by showlowjimbo

Replies: 4
Views: 10402
Last post April 07, 2009, 05:11:15 PM
by Repair-man
Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Washer - oL code

Started by NH

Replies: 0
Views: 4245
Last post April 26, 2010, 01:14:52 AM
by NH
Kenmore oasis washer shows an f-51 code

Started by DWEST

Replies: 3
Views: 5127
Last post March 08, 2011, 10:57:15 PM
by MajorApp
Kenmore Elite Oasis F51 code and Centerpost Grease

Started by peterlyon

Replies: 2
Views: 1307
Last post April 24, 2013, 08:22:39 AM
by Blaiser
My Re: Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Washer - oL code 110.27062600(bangs)

Started by syjen

Replies: 1
Views: 156
Last post October 03, 2014, 03:00:54 PM
by rockinrobin