The forum looks really nice. You may not remember but we chatted on SMF when your forum was different with the page peel effect. I like this new format and it is very organized. This forum really kicks ass and very informative. Thanks for being here and allowing guests to browse.
OK, I figured I'd contribute my remedy to this forum in hopes that it will help somebody else. We all share and share alike.
I have the Neptune 5500 front loader which my wife loves. We all like it because it cleans very well and conserves energy and water. The max extract is awesome.
Today it stopped doing the spin cycle, but everything else worked.
Everybody seems to have this issue with the 4400 series and the lock and wax motor. Mine looks different and all functions seemed to be working except for spin cycle. There was not a lot of reference to the 5500 except this post ("5500 black plunger)
- I downloaded the manual = thanks a bunch and browsed through it.
I tore the thing down and noticed that it had been leaking from the boot.
There were little holes and gashes from it rubbing. The little drain was clogged and what happened was it filled up and the made it to the little holes on the side of the boot and leaked out to the bottom. It was a slow drip so by the time, today I discovered it, the bottom pan was all rusty and ugly and collected a lot of water.
I resolved this by using a bike tire patches on the boot. I found a bunch of little holes in the boot and patched them from the outside diameter of the boot (total of 6). When you open the door you don't see it. If bike tire patch can hold in 40-60lbs of air, they can definitely hold a water without any pressure. I also cleaned out that little drain tube which was crusted up with sediment and crust. The rubber was still pliable so I figured I'd save a rubber tree.
What caused my no spin issue was that little "tub displacement" switch that is on the bottom.
Looks like this:
The terminals were oxidized from the moisture from the leaking water collecting on the bottom. I pulled the two blue leads off and took my dremel tool with a wire rotor brush and ground clean the terminals. I put a volt meter to the switch and it was working fine. When the button is pushed it would break the continuity (this is how it's supposed to work). After cleaning, I plugged it back in and went to the top of the machine to check for continuity of the two blue leads at the white plug. It read perfect = continuity. The oxidation broke the continuity of the two blue wires connected to it so it would not allow the spin cycle to work.
I scrubbed the whole thing down and put it all back together.
I turned it on and ran a quick wash and it started to spin again like normal. Whew, I'm so relieved that it is working.
This forum really helped me out in identifying the workings of this machine. I understand how the wiring works a little but know how to follow the trouble shooting flow charts in the manual.
I attached photos of my bike patch job and close up and the rusty water corroded bottom pan.
Thanks a lot for the help and I hope this helps somebody out.