Author Topic: Rollout Switches  (Read 3618 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Rollout Switches
« on: March 05, 2008, 08:36:25 PM »
Ever heard someone say: "you had a rollout switch malfunction"
Ever wondered what that is exactly? Well what it is is a small resetable clixon. Many of these are mounted all around the space shuttle( your furnace heehee) What they are is safetys. They keep the furnace from catching fire and burning the house down. Well lets face it we WANT the furnace to catch fire right. But in a controlled way. We want it to actually heat the house not burn it down. LOL! these little buggers are really limit switches with reset buttons.When the vent pipe gets clogged or the burners get rusty,
the flame sometimes rolls out of the chamber and causes these rollouts to pop. They can be reset but be careful, they bite! Remedying the problem fixes the furnace NOT Reseting the rollout. Remember cause and effect. These dudes don't just pop out fer no reason. Maintaining the furnace will keep it going for years. That includes oiling the blower motor twice a year and keeping the unit clean. No rusty burners if you please.  O0
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 08:40:06 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Cold control thermostats and switches in appliance circuits

Started by thepunk

Replies: 18
Views: 5105
Last post December 27, 2008, 07:09:18 PM
by shieldcracker
Component level troubleshooting - are these switches just junk?

Started by JumpinJackFlash

Replies: 1
Views: 1491
Last post February 24, 2009, 07:53:06 PM
by JumpinJackFlash