Author Topic: Yal are looking at the proud owner of a brand spankin new GE 12000 BTU win unit  (Read 1707 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Today on my way back from the fruit stand what do yall think I spotted?
A brand new window unit minus the case and electronic control.
Nary a speck of dust on the coils and compressor.
They made it real easy to hot wire this baby with a gang of terminals mounted on the bulkhead inside the control area one side had 4 terminals and the other side had 4 more. I mounted all the commons on one side. L1, Black hi fan, and blue compressor  on the other side. She ran like a charm.  O0
I dug into my stash of old school window ac cold controls and mounted me one on the front of the control panel. Connected L1 to it and used its little jumper to go back where I got L1 from. Got it going, put me an ice cube on the probe and she shuts down like a new fangled energy saver model. My wife goes: What you gonna do with an air conditioner with no case on it?  :rofl: She don't know it I is gonna have me an air conditioned shop bafore long. I will get Robert to find me a case.  O0
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 06:17:50 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
Someone may have laid it at the curb while they went back for the case and controls to take to their new apartment.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Naw, I talked to the previous owner which is 3 doors down from here. I told her I had it rigged where it would go and asked her about the case. She said it was like that for many moons and could not say what happened to the case. She was just now getting around to tossing it to the curb. Young girl lives by herself down the street. Her and her momma was in a terrible accident on I-10. A police car hit them and instantly killed her mom.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
On a lighter note: I am making a new batch of wine yall. Started these this morning. Figure I might get 3 or 4 gallon.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
I was trying to take a pic of the ac revamp but it is too dang dark in the shop, maybe tomorrow I will take a good un.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Give your outside unit a quick lookover.

Started by JWWebster

Replies: 0
Views: 2398
Last post April 02, 2008, 10:52:51 AM
by JWWebster
central air unit line freezing

Started by plan1

Replies: 3
Views: 5699
Last post October 23, 2008, 09:27:20 PM
by Icehouse
Handling Condensing Unit Problems