Author Topic: whirlpool lsb6300pw4 sometimes does not spin  (Read 15062 times)

Offline ceeyahd1

• VIP Member
whirlpool lsb6300pw4 sometimes does not spin
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:42:19 PM »
I noticed my washer does not spin sometimes at the end of the cycle, it does not do it every time but at least a few times a week. I stood next to the washer to see what happens on the spin cycle and the washer makes noise like it wants to spin but it does not, I don't know how easy it is supposed to be to turn the tub but when I try to turn it it seems a little tight and sometimes just turning the tube a little then closing the lid makes it spin, the other thing I noticed is when it is making a noise like it trying to spin the water is also running, it does not make any sense, the water is not supposed to run while it is spinning.

I replaced the timer on the machine 2 years ago and the block behind the timer is on all the way.

Thank you for all your help, you guys have told me what the previous problems were the first time around and I really appreciate it.

Model lsb6300pw4

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: whirlpool lsb6300pw4 sometimes does not spin
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »
Your lid switch mounting screws loose? Your lid hinges loose? Your lid switch connection ok?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline ceeyahd1

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 11:16:53 AM »
It is not the lid switch. The washer goes through the whole cycle with no problems then when it gets to the spin cycle it seems to get stuck, it drains the water then when it has to spin it does not spin every time, it makes noise like it wants to spin, I have moved the tub manually a few times and that seems to help it get started then it spins all the way but it seems like sometimes the tub is tight and it won't spin on its own, it times out and finishes the cycle without spinning. It does not do this on every load, half the time it works fine.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »
You might have a spin pawl going bad. They get smashed down with age and won't catch the spin boss under the main drive gear. This SERVICE MANUAL shows how it works and where to look. It is simple to replace. Once you have the clutch off the tranny you remove the cover and remove the main drive gear. Check the spin pawl for damage. You would know it because it would look all smashed down. This video shows how to get the tranny out:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:04:25 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline ceeyahd1

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 12:21:34 PM »
Thanks for your help. My wife is really getting on my case to get the washer fixed so I am planning to check the spin pawl but I would like to buy the part prior to taking apart so I can replace if thats what it is. I am having a problem looking up this part, it comes up as not found when I search on appliance parts sites.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 06:59:22 PM »
Spin Pawl Part # 63341
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline ceeyahd1

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »
I just ordered the spin pawl but I want to make sure that is the problem before taking the washer apart.

I noticed yesterday when I do a wash on Permanent press cycle when it gets to rinse cycle it fills up, drains and makes noise like it is starting to spin and just time out without spinning so I tried another cycle and it filled up and agatated on the rinse cycle and when it came time to spin I needed to move the tube in either direction s few inches to get it to spin and as it was spinning the water came on for about 15 seconds and turned off, is this normal for the water to come on while it is spinning? and why won't it spin on its own sometimes unless I move the tube a little bit.

Thank you for your help and I apologize for so many questions.

Offline ceeyahd1

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »
I just replaced the spin pawl and I ran the machine through a cycle, it runs fine until it got to the sin cycle, it makes noise like it wants to spin but it does not, I tried to turn the tub manually and it feels like the brakes are on, it is really tight.

What did I do wrong?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 01:20:38 PM »
How about the brake cam? Is the ear attached?
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline ceeyahd1

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 01:31:20 PM »
Where do I look? I just took it apart again. It was spinning prior to the repair, it just did not spin all the time and I was told the spin pawl may be bad. The old spin pawl looked a little worn.

When I put it back together was I supposed line up anything between the clutch and the brake?

Offline ceeyahd1

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »
Are there any pictures to where the clutch spring and the brake cam supposed to be when reinstalling?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 02:02:57 PM »
 click on pictures
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline ceeyahd1

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »
Is there a trick to linning the brake cam and clutch spring? I can't seem to get the brakes to release to spin.

Offline ceeyahd1

• VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 02:26:55 PM »
If the brake cam and the clutch are not aligned correctly the tube won't spin?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »
Yank out the tranny and examine the brake cam. When released the tub should spin free.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Repair Guide: Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer - No agitate or spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 13
Views: 28374
Last post January 02, 2009, 01:09:38 PM
by AJ
whirlpool belt drive washer won't spin

Started by mthd60sprty

Replies: 7
Views: 7477
Last post June 06, 2013, 08:42:12 AM