Author Topic: LG Tromm Washer Gasket Replacement  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Jillians

• VIP Member
LG Tromm Washer Gasket Replacement
« on: July 24, 2010, 01:25:42 AM »
Follow up question - I am attempting the same thing on my LG WM2010CW.  A strange thing happened when someone tried to wash a bathmat & the machine got off-balance.  The gasket was twisted up to a degree that I couldn't begin to undo.  I have the two tools, and the outer ring was very easy to remove.  I was hoping I could untwist the gasket & reseat it.  Once the outer ring was off, I discovered a tear in the gasket - so the project continues.  There is a piece of metal/wire sticking out at one spring end on the inner retaining ring.  I think it's the end of the spring & I think it caused the tear.  

It occurs to me the spring on my inner retaining ring is stretched out.  The jaws of the tool are too close together to fit the ends of the spring.  This would explain the door seal twist & the bit of wire.  Could such a thing be possible from one heavy, unbalanced load?  Is it more likely that the inner retaining ring was not properly installed?  (I'm out of warranty, so it doesn't really matter.  Just curious.)  So I guess I can use the outer tool to remove the old inner ring and the inner tool to install the new one.

Any chance of successful gasket replacement without taking the front panel off?  Anybody got a manual for the 2010 or know what the closest match is?

LG Tromm Washer Gasket Replacement

Started by jw1976

Replies: 12
Views: 12823
Last post May 23, 2012, 09:45:56 PM
by tgoods
Older Kenmore washer - tub bottom gasket replacement - help needed.

Started by colohigh

Replies: 6
Views: 4728
Last post December 19, 2009, 06:14:51 AM
by Repair-man
LG washer gasket replacement question

Started by Jillians

Replies: 6
Views: 4249
Last post August 04, 2010, 01:12:09 PM
by Jillians
Video: Whirlpool Made Direct Drive Washer Motor Coupler Replacement

Started by AJ

Replies: 18
Views: 39178
Last post May 18, 2010, 06:53:50 AM
by gimpyjones
Frigidiare Kenmore Front Load Washer Inner Tub & Tub Bearing Replacement.

Started by AJ

Replies: 5
Views: 6274
Last post March 03, 2008, 03:56:05 AM
by BrntToast
LG TROMM WASHER DRYER COMBO

Started by cammy

Replies: 1
Views: 3694
Last post March 06, 2008, 07:46:35 PM
by JWWebster