365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer PartsDryer PartsRefrigerator PartsDishwasher PartsRange & Oven PartsAll Appliance Parts

Author Topic: SpeedQueen electric dryer drum support rollers  (Read 440 times)

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
SpeedQueen electric dryer drum support rollers
« on: March 03, 2015, 12:02:51 PM »
I am in the middle of cleaning and updating an older SpeedQueen electric dryer model   LE534AW. I dismantled the front support and removed the drum to check the condition of the drum support rollers. I always check the one above or closest to the heating element or burner as they show the most wear at least in my opinion. On this particular dryer I found the LH roller which is closest to the heating element  to have a slight eccentricity when it was rotated--about 1/32 of an inch. taking it off the spindle I found no significant wear on the spindle or the ID of the roller. The roller OD was just slightly eccentric. I switched it for the other side which was OK. I had a couple of rollers off an older Maytag unit but found that they are thicker at the bore and would not fit on the Speed Queen spindle length. They are about 1/8 inch thicker so the retainer snap ring could never engage the spindle shaft. Does anyone know if the replaceable spindle from a Maytag would fit in this dryer ? The rollers are slightly thicker and provide more support for the drum IMO.  Also when I was ready to replace the drum I carefully measured the drum to see if it could be reversed. As far as I can tell the drum is made in such a way that it could be reversed . I did not but wonder if anyone has ever done this.
These older Speed Queen units are easy to work on and last a long long time with only a slight amount of maintenance work. Wish I could say that about the newer high tech units.

Offline Mario Tremblay

• VIP Member
  • me voici
Re: SpeedQueen electric dryer drum support rollers
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 03:49:38 PM »
modification n est pas UN Bonne  iDee

Drum Hole Plug - Whirlpool Electric Dryer

Started by Janmoho

Replies: 1
Views: 1189
Last post June 05, 2013, 08:43:57 PM
by tgoods
Drum roller support shaft for older Speed Queen gas dryer

Started by Thorning

Replies: 3
Views: 446
Last post August 02, 2015, 04:43:07 PM
by Thorning
Video: How to check voltage at cord on a Maytag electric dryer.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 9385
Last post July 31, 2007, 12:38:27 PM
by AJ
Video: How to check voltage at cord on a Whirlpool electric dryer.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 11204
Last post August 06, 2007, 05:57:19 PM
by AJ
Kenmore Electric Dryer - Model F60909644

Started by txgal

Replies: 4
Views: 6211
Last post March 05, 2015, 08:58:15 PM
by AJ
Frigidaire Electric Dryer - Dead