1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 10 ounces frozen edamame - shelled, approximately 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 sweet onion - chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped
- 15 1/4 ounces (1 can) corn - drained or 1 ear of fresh sweet corn cut off the cob
- 1 stalk celery - diced
- 1 leek - sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano - chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper - more or less to taste
- 1 fresh tomato - diced
salt and pepper to taste
* Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
* When butter has melted, add edamame and stir to coat.
* Add the onion and sauté for five minutes.
* Add the bell pepper, corn, celery, leek and garlic.
* Sauté for another 5-10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender crips, not mushy.
* Stir in the oregano and cayenne pepper.
* Season to taste with salt and pepper.
* Remove from heat.
* Gently fold in tomatoes right before serving.
When do we eat?