Author Topic: Calypso Washer  (Read 10833 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Calypso Washer
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 02:35:05 PM »
My sister in law brought her wash today as usual. 2 loads. I waved her off from the shop and redirected her laundry mat dodging butt to the new improve Cawipso wonder. I loaded all the jeans in there I could but left the whites. Didn't know what it was going to do. I think now she could have dumped all them dayum clothes in there. I set the washer for Jeans/dark put in just a dab of detergent and let er go. It takes 44 minutes to do a load.
That joker goes into a 2400 rpm final spin that will blow yer mind. We are talking extractor babe  O0
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »
Clothes is drying now. Does not take too long to dry them clothes. No word on how they come out yet. Stay tuned...
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2010, 02:49:39 PM »
Update all seems to be going well. Giving this mutha a test filled it to the top with 2 loads and added 2 tablespoon liquid Ivory laundry soap. Set on heavey duty total run time 63 minutes. Let er go. Gonna cook some beef stew while I wait for that mutha to do its thang. :D
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 04:27:56 PM »
Wait till it eats your clothes.Keep washing with it and you will see what I mean.Great pics also.They bring back nightmares.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2010, 04:42:09 PM »
How does it eat the clothes? I have defeated the nutration device. You had one of these machine?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 04:44:21 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2010, 05:08:43 PM »
I gotta say I just went over and removed that double load and it was damp dry and the clothes were not knotted. They seem to be pretty darn clean and it appears drying times is gonna be less as a result. We might be onto sumpin. Stay tuned....
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:10:55 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Washaman

• Technician
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 11:56:16 PM »
Someone gave me one of these over a year and a half ago after I sold them a washer, who is now my landlord. and I have never even plugged it in to diagnose it. It is still sitting in storage and I almost brought it home the other day to mess with but ran out of time. I will get to it soon though.

Offline repairguy42

• Technician
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »
i think you should take your daughter out behind the wood shed and put some sense in her,   no disrespect meant!!!!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 09:22:05 PM »
Captain's log Stardate 2011: They wrecked the old standby Kenmore direct drive at dark so I had to use the backup washer. The Calypso. I had on hand tonight some Tide HE soap from the dollar store. I used a quarter measure of it and that washer worked like a dream. They never could get it past the last 6 minutes because they were using that cheap a$$ dollar general store stuff. When that sucker came out o final spin them clothes was dang near dry. If the humidity gets to 95% in July I figure we won't even have to use the clothes dryer. LOL
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Earl Dryer

• Technician
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 10:42:26 PM »
JW, you keep an eye on that thang.  Last year I made a post saying Calypso eats lady undies. Never got any anwsers why or if anyone had simular complaint.  I removed the nutation plate and found the little things safe and sound, it happened again so I replaced the plate it worked fine for several months and then the same thing again.  The husband decided to get hide of the preditor and buy something else. I guess he didn't like the advances the machine was making toward is wife.  Don't worry JW the machine will spit yours out, they like the ladies stuff, unless you may got one of those alternative lifestyle machines.
Seriously the one thing that I did notice about the plate was that the rubber outer ring was straight up (perpendicular to the plate) on the 1st plate that I replaced. The new plates ring was almost on the same plane as the plate but after the few months when it became hungery again it was straight up also.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 08:33:12 AM »
I fixed the direct drive and got both machines hooked up side by side. Regular laundry matt. Yall know I have people that pass 500 laundry matts to wash they clothes here at the swamp. I defeated the nutate on that Calypso and it now does real well. The direct drive had a bad coupling which I did not detect till I removed the tub looking for objects and swapped the tranny. Took some photos:
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 08:34:33 AM »
More from the swamp
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:41 AM »
Now they can wash blankets and rugs in that calypso. LOL
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:47:46 AM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Kenmore Elite Washer (Calypso)

Started by BoomerD

Replies: 8
Views: 10881
Last post December 30, 2008, 01:00:58 AM
by BoomerD
8571359 Whirlpool Kenmore Calypso Elite Washer Control Board

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 5524
Last post April 06, 2009, 03:02:32 PM