Author Topic: Leak appears about every other load and banging during rinse spin only  (Read 4302 times)

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
Our admiral washer leaks about every other load or two, and now its starting to bang on the sides during rinse spin only, it does not bang during the last spin cycle or at any other time, it also sounds like motor surging or something its not that noticeable through. I have checked the pump and it seems clean and non binding, its not that old I replaced it before.

Whats even more odd is, it had that leak once in awhile for a month or two but I could never find the source of, I have run the washer with the front off, it must be somewhere underneath but I see rust marks inside the case

but now the wild spin came out of no where it is not unbalanced loading that was the first thing I checked and the springs and brackets seem ok

any ideas on trouble shooting further

Model MAV7000AWW

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
Our admiral washer leaks about every other load or two, and now its starting to bang on the sides during rinse spin only, it does not bang during the last spin cycle or at any other time, it also sounds like motor surging or something its not that noticeable through. I have checked the pump and it seems clean and non binding, its not that old I replaced it before.

Whats even more odd is, it had that leak once in awhile for a month or two but I could never find the source of, I have run the washer with the front off, it must be somewhere underneath but I see rust marks inside the case

but now the wild spin came out of no where it is not unbalanced loading that was the first thing I checked and the springs and brackets seem ok

any ideas on trouble shooting further

I tried to edit my post minutes after I posted and realized I mistyped, but could not

the banging is during the wash cycle spin, it does NOT bang during the rinse spin cycle
the washer is a MAV7000AWW Sorry about that

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
How much soap are yall using per load? That is a front loader ain't it?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:50:19 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
How much soap are yall using per load? That is a front loader ain't it?

I am sorry, its a top loader, I posted the wrong model number its a AAV7000AW washing machine
you guys helped me a while ago with the matching dryer to this, I had to sign up again
a week or two ago with another username because I forgot my orig one. we use Reg tide and "(natural) All" detergent for our 2 and 8 yr old's clothes (We have banging on the sides during the wash spin cycle) on just a water only test as well,  but had no leaking at least

We always had a clicking noise during wash cycle very minor but not normal, when the tech under warranty came he said that was a trans problem, we did eventually got a free trans from Maytag it looks like complete from the pulley to where the basket attaches I have not yet installed it, but may have to asap I guess. I would rather figure this out first

I know this admiral washing machine was made about the time they where being taken over and we have had nothing but problems from day one with this, I know this is not Maytags fault and they did give us another trans, and we would have no problem buying a Maytag appliance in the future I just wanted to add that they where nice to us over the phone

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
If this is occurring more during the first  spin after the main wash than in the final spin, the pump may not be draining the tub well enough. If there are too much suds the pump can lock up and  cause leaking by the excess water in the tub sloshing over as it bangs around.   If the pump were able to get the water out effectively, the tub would not get off balance as much. You may be well to simply replace the single drive belt underneath and see what happens. This machine was built on the Atlantis platform.
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
This must be a Bravos washer
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
This must be a Bravos washer

Not even close...same as the MAV7000 only Admiral uses the prefix AAV

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
Thanks

I have a new complete trans for that in a box and might as well replace the old one now, is there anything else I should get in advance before I start like seals or anything I might need, also like a spinner wrench for the tub, also can I use vice grips on the tub springs to release them without damaging it, the special tool for that I'm sure will never be used again. I did find that replacement pump I replaced a while back to be chincy and cheaply made garbage compared to the orig one it never did pump out like the orig either. I will tackle this over the upcoming weekend so if there's anything I should get or know please post weigh in.

I have the complete trans in a upright box, I know there is at least a tub seal that has to come out for the trans to go in, just wondering what I can and cannot reuse and what I should I get beforehand. My wife said whirlpool was the company that sent us the trans maytag was just another div like admiral I guess.

Thanks

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
There should be a smaller brown box within the tranny package that contains all the seals, etc, plus some decent instructions. You'll need the  Maytag spanner and the Hub removal tool to change the tranny. Aslo the brake removal tool, as it has to be removed  first. You cannot just go in there la-dee-da  with vise grips and expect to do it right with no colateral damage.

Read the instructions in the kit for the list of REQUIRED tools.

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
There should be a smaller brown box within the tranny package that contains all the seals, etc, plus some decent instructions. You'll need the  Maytag spanner and the Hub removal tool to change the tranny. Aslo the brake removal tool, as it has to be removed  first. You cannot just go in there la-dee-da  with vise grips and expect to do it right with no colateral damage.

Read the instructions in the kit for the list of REQUIRED tools.

nobody's talking about vice grips for anything other then grabbing the spring lifting up and removing them, I've been an electrician for about 30 plus years, before that I worked in a car dealership removing trannys to send out, and replacing heater cores and head gaskets, I have done the most nastiest SPACE CONFINED repairs you could ever dream off whatever this entails at least I can reach it comfortably, I have found the repair pdf from what I see relating to that spanner wrench I have about a couple tools hanging around that can get that out, I could probably even use a pipe wrench on that worst case

the tranny I have contains the pully stem, bell housing and everything up to the outer basket isn't the break parts already enclosed in that? I will most likely start this tomorrow night, I will keep this tread up to date as I do it, also I will take some pictures as well.

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
I'm VERY Interested how this turns out for you without the proper tools.  Can you please keep track of how many curse words you use while you do this!   :ahhh:

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:13:40 PM by schaffersapplian »
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline niobrara

• Technician
 :2funny:

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Dude you gotta have the brake spring tool which helps to get the sh!t back together. Probably needs them other aforementioned thangs too. One other thang you can't buy though. The Maytag man. That sob ain't giving away any of his secrets and keeping his day job! LOL. Cain't get the time of day out of a Maytag repairman. Present company accepted of course. LOL
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
Dude you gotta have the brake spring tool which helps to get the sh!t back together. Probably needs them other aforementioned thangs too. One other thang you can't buy though. The Maytag man. That sob ain't giving away any of his secrets and keeping his day job! LOL. Cain't get the time of day out of a Maytag repairman. Present company accepted of course. LOL

Your reply above is odd, like your drunk or something, show a little respect towards me I have not posted anything rude to or about you ever around here? no one is trying to steal your secrets certainly not me. I just finished tired as hell I came here before going to bed to post pictures and explain what I did and I find this shit from you, I took it out flipped it over and did it, and I used vice grips to remove the springs no problem at all 123

You sound like a real asshole, and probably just a bum, "your dud reference" rings a bell you have a post on here somewhere replying to someone else, hey dude I use a pipe wrench on that, that's where I got the idea in the first place, I don't know whats going on in this forum but its not what I remember, I'm not coming back I wouldn't even trust what I read around here anymore. TC

you should let everyone edit there post, not just a hand selected group

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Yeah I am in here for comic relief. LOL
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Whirlpool Duet Front-load washer Banging during spin Cycle!

Started by tajmahodge

Replies: 9
Views: 3408
Last post June 08, 2013, 07:42:52 PM
by tajmahodge
Neptune top load, won't spin

Started by fanbelt

Replies: 4
Views: 2273
Last post April 27, 2008, 05:21:52 PM
by fanbelt
GE Front Load Washer Noisy During Spin Cycle