Author Topic: having difficulty replacing belt on Kenmore heavy duty 80 washer  (Read 8867 times)

Offline sonarcade

• VIP Member
Re: having difficulty replacing belt on Kenmore heavy duty 80 washer
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 08:03:51 PM »
thanks viking for the response.  I'm not sure how I can tell whether the wires are misconnected, but the washer now seems to agitate, which I don't know if it's the same as spinning.  So hopefully, that means that it works.  Ideally, I would like to know what a solenoid is and how that differs from a cam etc etc.  But I'm not that well-versed in parts nor can I find labeled diagrams that would help remedy this.  Also left and right is hard to contextualize for me, since there are some diagrams that have the entire gearcase pulled out and snapped from top-down than bottom-up, as I've been accustomed to viewing it.

With regard to the the gear case oil, what would be a way to measure a clear deficit of it?  I've only had it tilted front face down when needed upon noticing it leaking.  But it's been down for about 6 hours total, I believe, which is how much time I've spent so far puzzling over it.  Thanks.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: having difficulty replacing belt on Kenmore heavy duty 80 washer
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 10:50:44 PM »
Their are 2 white common wires on the wigwag and 2 other wires. If you got them 2 other wires crossed up the only thing would happen is it would spin in the wash mode and wash in the spin mode. In fact that was how techs used to determine if a timer was wank.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Our Kenmore Heavy Duty 80 series washer is on the fritz!!!

Started by SUNSHINE

Replies: 1
Views: 2016
Last post July 02, 2009, 05:05:05 PM
by whirlpooltech
Kenmore heavy duty 80 washer agitates but doesn't spin

Started by sonarcade

Replies: 2
Views: 2018
Last post July 05, 2010, 11:52:27 PM
by john63
Kenmore Heavy Duty Washer - Spins intermittently

Started by RickUSN

Replies: 10
Views: 4445
Last post September 26, 2011, 09:08:56 PM
by JWWebster
Kenmore 80 heavy duty Not spinning

Started by BAJADAVE

Replies: 10
Views: 3946
Last post April 22, 2008, 09:33:02 PM
by BAJADAVE
Kenmore HE2 Washer Belt Fell Off

Started by Beaumont

Replies: 4
Views: 4447
Last post April 22, 2009, 06:57:20 AM
by Mr. Fix-It
maytag washer atlantis oversze capacity plus heavy duty 5 speed select stainless

Started by pallanesfour

Replies: 7
Views: 3535
Last post June 16, 2009, 08:14:55 PM
by pallanesfour