Author Topic: Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer lid lock  (Read 4093 times)

Offline jembows

• VIP Member
Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer lid lock
« on: June 13, 2010, 03:12:37 PM »
Hi everyone, hopefully someone here can help me out. For the last 2 weeks or so my washer has been acting up. I am receiving an error code which says that the lid cannot lock and therefore it doesn't go through a cycle...or sometimes it will not even begin a cycle. This first happened as my family was preparing to go on a weekend trip (perfect timing). The machine sat over that weekend or approximately for 4 days before I tried it again and it did work for about 5 loads. Now it is hit or miss on whether it will work or not, mostly miss. There is nothing that could be blocking the mechanism so that isn't it. I guess I really have two questions. The first is, I need to know what part(s) to order in order to fix this problem (no longer under warranty-bought used from appliance store and understand why it was there in the first place now) and question #2 is is there a way to bypass this just until the part is ordered and installed? I ask this because we are a family of six and well laundry piles up quickly. I supposed the only other option right now is the laundry mat, which is...well, I would rather not do that.
Thanks in advance i really do appreciate the help!

Model 11028062800

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
Re: Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer lid lock
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 10:34:12 PM »
If you unplug your washer, remove the 4 screws that hold the top console on from the back of the machine, under there will lie a tech sheet.  This piece of paper will show you how to run diagnostics on your lid lock assy, and the rest of the machine.

Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer

Started by MajorApp

Replies: 8
Views: 6749
Last post February 22, 2009, 02:03:55 PM
by apptech
Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer

Started by cigar7

Replies: 12
Views: 16938
Last post September 03, 2009, 01:18:48 PM
by cigar7