Author Topic: Whirlpool Topload Washer  (Read 3535 times)

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
Whirlpool Topload Washer
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:43:57 PM »
 I can't seem to find the manual for this washer. I believe it's a 2009 model. It won't fill with water. The valves work with power applied. It has an automatic water temp/water level switch. There was no voltage to this switch when start knob pulled out so I replaced the timer. Wrong answer. There was no schematic in the machine. This is a newer design, at least for me.

Model WTW57ESVW1

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Whirlpool Topload Washer
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »
Looks like it is a case of too new to FU. Might be needin to consult the warranty. The down spout on that model have a sensor on it? Me and Larry was wonderin the same thang  not long ago.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Beehive Appliance

• VIP Member
    • Beehive Appliance Service
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 02:19:44 AM »
I don't claim to be an expert on this since I too have not seen this, however, I did see this Bulletin come out about the auto load sensing and it has some interesting information along with a wiring diagram. I got this off servicematters website. Please see attached PDF
Beehive Appliance is a family owned appliance repair business in Utah established in 1946. From dishwashers to dryers, we repair it all. If you are looking for expert service at a reasonable price, look no further. Beehive Appliance Service is your solution. Give us a call today! 801-523-8184

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 07:00:15 AM »
I've seen this happen before it was the timer that was the problem. On the newer toploads they've designed a new timer that is a real piece of crap. Replaced 2 on 1 machine in 1 year that was being used in a group home. I cracked the defective one open and found that the motor contacts had arced and fused together.

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 08:40:57 AM »
 I'll have to go back and try to figure this thing out. I wondered about the quality of the timer when it was only $29.00. ALSO, how do you get the timer knob off?

Offline Beehive Appliance

• VIP Member
    • Beehive Appliance Service
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 09:02:43 AM »
At the back of the timer, there is a little pin that goes all the way through the timer and into the knob. It is used as a lock pin to keep the timer on. Just pull this pin out (towards back of timer) about a half inch and then the knob will be able to be pulled off.
Beehive Appliance is a family owned appliance repair business in Utah established in 1946. From dishwashers to dryers, we repair it all. If you are looking for expert service at a reasonable price, look no further. Beehive Appliance Service is your solution. Give us a call today! 801-523-8184

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 10:02:13 AM »
Check this pic I found online: Click Pic to enlarge. The little shaft spreads the tits on the timer shaft and that holds the knob on. When you back out the rod the knob will come right off. Then you can remove the skirt and access the hex heads.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:06:35 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

whirlpool washer topload gearbox?

Started by Jimholms

Replies: 1
Views: 1422
Last post March 24, 2011, 02:52:25 PM
by AJ
Repair Guide: Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer - No agitate or spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 13
Views: 28840
Last post January 02, 2009, 01:09:38 PM
by AJ
Video: Whirlpool Washer Motor - Bad connection..

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 3294
Last post July 29, 2013, 06:32:05 PM
by AJ
Video: Whirlpool Made Direct Drive Washer Motor Coupler Replacement

Started by AJ

Replies: 18
Views: 43422
Last post May 18, 2010, 06:53:50 AM
by gimpyjones
Video: How To Replace a Water Pump On A Whirlpool Made Direct Drive Washer