Author Topic: Insurance Claim  (Read 1163 times)

Offline e31430

• VIP Member
Insurance Claim
« on: May 30, 2010, 08:13:23 PM »
Customer had a power surge or lightning strike and blew all appliances. He called me and I went to the job and charged him a diagnostic fee for each appliance. I then quoted him the price for all repairs on the appliances (mostly control boards) and he has now submitted the quote to the Insurance company.
Has anyone done this type of work before and is there anything I need to look out for legally or that would effect liability. I was thinking having a electrician go through the residence and check all incoming power as well as at the breaker box etc.before I started my repairs.  Any ideas or experiences with this would sure be welcomed!
Thanks.... ;D
Keith
Max....

Offline BrntToast

• VIP Member
  • Mayday Appliance Service
    • frigidaire service blog
Re: Insurance Claim
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »
the first thing to make sure of is that the customer is paying you and being reimbursed by his insurance
you dont want to have to bill the insurance company and possibly wait months to be paid for all those expensive boards

the surge prolly came through the neutral line, no breakers there so everything in the house fries

check ground on the machines other than that you should be ok

the customer will prolly replace the TV before you are back so you can just ask them and make sure the new one never blew up before you install your parts
Mayday Appliance Service
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

The only stupid question is the one not asked

Offline e31430

• VIP Member
Re: Insurance Claim
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 05:37:31 AM »
In my quote I stated that before repairing any appliance all money would be paid before any work is started /completed.
Thanks for your input BrntToast! O0
Max....

Liability insurance

Started by jmont

Replies: 7
Views: 2985
Last post August 26, 2010, 06:30:23 PM
by jumptrout51