Author Topic: Frigidaire Counter-Depth side-by-side flashing fault code 2.  (Read 4497 times)

Offline drohair

• VIP Member
Frigidaire FLSC23F6DS1 Refrigerator - Flashing the number 2 in the Freezer Temp section of control.  Will not cool.  Compressor comes on for about 30 seconds when I first plug it in, then kicks off.  Evaporator and condensor fans run.  I'm wondering if there's a thermostat stuck?  I can't seem to locate one though.  Any ideas?  Thanks, David

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
Re: Frigidaire Counter-Depth side-by-side flashing fault code 2.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 07:38:38 AM »
Sounds like a faulty compressor relay but you can not be sure there isn't a problem with the compressor unless you replace it.

Offline drohair

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 07:45:40 AM »
Thanks for the reply AJ, so is that what Fault Code 2 indicates?  I've looked through my manual for a fault code guide with no luck. 

Offline drohair

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 08:31:42 AM »
This refrigerator doesn't just have a normal relay.  It seems to be integrated with a gray box on the side of the compressor called an inverter which costs about $200 (see attachment).  I had a Frigidaire refer in my garage with a bad relay and it kept trying to kick in the compressor, but never would.  It would make several attempts.  I put a "hard start" relay on it, and it now works fine.  The refrigerator I'm talking about now is in my house and the compressor kicks on when I first plug it in, but after it shuts off, it doesn't try to kick on again.  That's why I'm wondering if the refrigerator "calling" for coolness?  A posting I read on another site said that a flashing 2 on another Frigidaire model refrigerator indicated a freezer thermistor was stuck open.  Not sure I even have one of those on my refer.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 09:04:21 AM »
Your attachment ain't workin
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:08:49 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 09:51:09 AM »
Your attachment ain't workin
I got it to work when I uploaded it to Google docs and then viewed it.

This refrigerator doesn't just have a normal relay.  It seems to be integrated with a gray box on the side of the compressor called an inverter which costs about $200 (see attachment). 

It's maybe simpler to just post the direct link to the repairclinic page.

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-1056642-%3d%3di1056642&PartID=1056642

Other then that I may not be much help on this one. Maybe one of our frigidaire experts will have a better idea of whats wrong with your refrigerator.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 10:17:34 AM »
I was lookin in the Frigidaire service manual site and found nothing so far on this ice box. I have read up on these types of compressors. They are variable speed compressors that work on dc current. The onboard intel monitors door openings and stuff and shifts the compressor down into a slower type vacation mode in ice boxs with less cooling demand. But it is able to jump into hyper drive and rapidly chill items. Supposed to save energy. Well gee thanks I am saving money by needing a $200 inverter everytime lightning strikes? What they need to do is come up with a solar panel to operate that dc motor so folks can get off the grid.
Make a design that makes ice in the daylight hours and use the ice made to keep the ice box cold during the nightime hours.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 11:58:07 AM »
If the compressor runs normally when you first plug it in then I would suspect the inverter and compressor are OK. Without havig a service manual to consult I would say you have a thermistor problem or a problem with your main board. If you can't find reliable service info for the fault codes go ahead and replace the thermistor(s) as they are relatively cheap. It may solve the problem.

Offline BrntToast

• VIP Member
  • Mayday Appliance Service
    • frigidaire service blog
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »
that error is the freezer thermister

this manual should work for your fridge, if not post back and i'll see if i have any others for friggys with the dc compressor

http://cid-161d5dae096a24ce.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/service%20manuals/frigidaire%20service%20manuals/frigidaire%20fridge/friggy%20sxs%20icon%20type%20board.pdf
Mayday Appliance Service
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

The only stupid question is the one not asked

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:08:38 PM by RegUS_PatOff »
After leaving this Earth, "Do you want the smoking or non-smoking section?"

Frigidaire Side By Side Counter Depth Refrigerator Service Manual Mar 2004 - Mar 2009

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2072
Last post August 20, 2009, 07:05:10 PM
by AJ
R-102 Whirlpool 2003 High Counter-Depth Side-By-Side Refrigerator Service Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 2022
Last post August 20, 2009, 01:02:56 PM
by AJ
Frigidaire Upright Freezer flashing fault code 2

Started by overmyhead

Replies: 11
Views: 6613
Last post August 23, 2010, 03:54:34 PM
by JWWebster
Frigidaire Professional Side By Side Flashing "4"

Started by 1860angler

Views: 822
Last post August 23, 2013, 08:32:54 PM
by 1860angler
frigidaire side by side

Started by meme3

Replies: 5
Views: 3213
Last post June 04, 2008, 06:31:41 AM
by Repair-man
Frigidaire Refrigerator side by side (cooling poorly)

Started by morbus

Replies: 3
Views: 4770
Last post November 07, 2008, 03:16:45 PM
by Repair-man