Author Topic: VERY CONFUSED........NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2432 times)

Offline FRANK RIZZO

• VIP Member
VERY CONFUSED........NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 01, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »
WELL I AM ABOUT TO BURN THIS DRYER!!!! I'M FROM CANADA AND TESTED AND "JUMPED" EVERYTHING POSSIBLE ON THIS DRYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERMAL FUSE, SAFETY CUTOFF THERM., AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT WAS POSSIBLE..... ALL WAS WORKING. THE ONLY THING LEFT WAS THE MOTOR... THIS IS WHERE I AM LOST... MOTOR MODEL #S58NXNBG-7004, PART #8066206 AND IT HAS 1/3 HORSEPOWER SPL. I DISASSEMBLED THE DRYER AND DISCONNECTED THE MOTOR WIRE HARNESS TO TAKE OUT THE MOTOR. WHEN I PUT THE MOTOR ON MY WORK BENCH I SEE 1 BLUE WIRE GOING FROM WHERE THE MOTOR WIRE HARNESS PLUGS INTO AND THE OTHER END GOES TO A VERY SMALL BLACK BOX THAT IS REMOVEABLE ON THE PLUG IN PART THAT IS ON THE MOTOR WHERE THE WIRE HARNESS PLUGS INTO. ABOVE THAT BLUE WIRE IS 2 COPPER WIRES THAT ARE JOINED TOGETHER IN A FEMALE CONNECTOR TO THE MALE CONNECTOR IN THIS SMALL BLACK BOX, THEN THEY GO INTO THE MOTOR JOINING SOMEWHERE INSIDE THE REST OF THE COPPER AROUND THE MOTOR. BUT, I DID NOTICE THAT ONE OF THESE 2 "BARE" COPPER WIRES CONNECT AT THE MALE TERMINAL ON THIS SMALL BLACK BOX ON THE MOTOR WAS BLACK..... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!! THANKS.... RIZZO

Model IS82000

Offline FRANK RIZZO

• VIP Member
Re: VERY CONFUSED........NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:50:26 AM »
WELL I AM ABOUT TO BURN THIS DRYER!!!! I'M FROM CANADA AND TESTED AND "JUMPED" EVERYTHING POSSIBLE ON THIS DRYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERMAL FUSE, SAFETY CUTOFF THERM., AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT WAS POSSIBLE..... ALL WAS WORKING. THE ONLY THING LEFT WAS THE MOTOR... THIS IS WHERE I AM LOST... MOTOR MODEL #S58NXNBG-7004, PART #8066206 AND IT HAS 1/3 HORSEPOWER SPL. I DISASSEMBLED THE DRYER AND DISCONNECTED THE MOTOR WIRE HARNESS TO TAKE OUT THE MOTOR. WHEN I PUT THE MOTOR ON MY WORK BENCH I SEE 1 BLUE WIRE GOING FROM WHERE THE MOTOR WIRE HARNESS PLUGS INTO AND THE OTHER END GOES TO A VERY SMALL BLACK BOX THAT IS REMOVEABLE ON THE PLUG IN PART THAT IS ON THE MOTOR WHERE THE WIRE HARNESS PLUGS INTO. ABOVE THAT BLUE WIRE IS 2 COPPER WIRES THAT ARE JOINED TOGETHER IN A FEMALE CONNECTOR TO THE MALE CONNECTOR IN THIS SMALL BLACK BOX, THEN THEY GO INTO THE MOTOR JOINING SOMEWHERE INSIDE THE REST OF THE COPPER AROUND THE MOTOR. BUT, I DID NOTICE THAT ONE OF THESE 2 "BARE" COPPER WIRES CONNECT AT THE MALE TERMINAL ON THIS SMALL BLACK BOX ON THE MOTOR WAS BLACK..... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!! THANKS.... RIZZO
AND YES, I CAN HEAR THE TIMER WORKING WHEN POWER IS ON.

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 07:00:18 AM »
So, what's is your actual question, besides the fact that you are frustrated with an inanimate object? Do you want to know how to test the motor or just a few reasons why  it won't run.

The motor can be bench tested by  placing your main power jumpers wires to the blue and the white wires which are on the motor harness connection. This would be terminals 4 and 5 printed on the motor centrifugal switch box. If the motor runs, there is another issue with your dryer.

This could include:
1. Wrong voltage coming in
2. Broken Belt switch
3 Door switch
4. Fuse (thermal)
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 07:03:07 AM »
On the motor you are describing the overload.
Check the overload for continuity.
You never said what the dryer was or was not doing.
You only said you took everything apart and tested it.
Tested what and how?
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:16:52 AM »
Here's a good PICTURE of them copper wires. What did you do take em out?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL