Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Whirlpool dishwasher manual

(1/4) > >>

naes:
Hi first post here.  My dishwasher is leaking from between the drain motor and the pump housing.  I have a drain impeller and seal kit, but I cannot figure out how to remove the pump from the housing without damaging it.  Could you please help, maybe upload the manual.  Thank you for looking in.

AJ:
Hi naes,

What is the model number of your dishwasher?

naes:
Should have included that in my first post :o  DU840CWDQ3

AJ:
I have included the parts diagrams for the pump and motor in the two attachments below.

Still looking for the manual.

How far apart do you have it?

You will have to take the pump and motor assembly out of the tub first to work on it.

Then there is a cover that screws on the front of the pump and screw that holds the motor in place.

If the seal has been leaking and running water up the motor shaft they can be hard to get apart and when you do the shaft on the motor is all rusted up.

Then you will have to replace the pump and motor as a assembly.

Below is the pump and motor assembly for your dishwasher.

What is the part number on the drain impeller and seal kit you got?

naes:
Thanks for all of your replies.  The impeller kit I have is 4386996.  I thought that I would be able to only pull out the pump from underneath without removing the dishwasher from the counter and replace the seal.  I guess I was wrong.  Those diagrams you have are like the ones I ordered from.  Please advise me how to get this done, ie dishwasher removal, etc.  I suppose I must disconnect everything and pull the dishwasher out of the counter (disconnect water and electric).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version