Free Service - Appliance Repair Help & Troubleshooting

Author Topic: Maytag DWU9200AAX Low washer pressure top spray bar after cleaning all parts  (Read 94 times)

Offline needman1

• VIP Member
I have a Maytag dishwasher DWU9200AAX that was very dirty, with some black stuff on the bottom.  I took it apart and cleaned the filter screen both spray bars and backwash arm that were clogged with calcium and dirt.    After reassemble the upper spray does not spray enough to spin the arm.  I thought maybe the cleaning caused a lower pressure because of opening all the clogged holes. 

My question and concern is that in the cleaning operation I attempted to remove the Recirculating impeller cover which did not come off, looking at the photo I can't see what was holding it from coming off.  So I reattached  the mounting screws, I am not sure if I got it back in the same position.  Is there a correct orientation on the cover and could this cause the low water pressure in the top spray bar?  Could build up of calcium in the impeller be the problem.  Also  is the re circulation hose shown on page 3-17 figure 4 of the Service manual (DW-401 0792 section 3 Service Procedures)  made of rubber and could it deteriorate and be a problem?

Thanks for your help

Joe

Offline needman1

• VIP Member
SOLVED  Follow up for anyone that may have a similar problem.  Since no one responded to my post I decided after looking at the diagram in the manual that (I download from this site) there should not be any reason why the cover could not come off.  So I took it apart again and found three tabs not noticed the first time, that I then used a screw driver to pry apart the Recirculating Impeller cover and the Lower Pump Cover, that were frozen with calcium,  I marked the parts before removal and found that indeed I had re-installed the parts in the wrong position blocking the outlet to the top spray bar.  I cleaned the parts and put it back together correctly WaLa it works great. :)

Maytag Dishwasher not Cleaning Dishes

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 8405
Last post December 14, 2008, 02:21:32 PM
by TechnicianBrian
12001446 Maytag Dishwasher Upper Spray Arm

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2385
Last post May 05, 2009, 12:14:02 PM
by AJ