Author Topic: Error Dh code LG Refrigerator Model GRA2076ROM  (Read 3501 times)

Offline dizzylizzy

• VIP Member
Error Dh code LG Refrigerator Model GRA2076ROM
« on: May 12, 2010, 05:32:28 AM »
Hello..

I am currently visiting a relative who lives in Spain but not on the mainland. She has an LG Model GRA2076ROM "amercian"style fridge freezer whicxh is about 5 years old. Anyway she tells me it has died and had been making loud noises for a while. On checking it was showing Er code Dh. I didnt have access to manual or service info at that time but took the back out of the freezer innards to reveal a heavily frosted freezer matrix which seems so have obstructed the dc fan,causing it to jam,a blade to snap off and the motor bearings to fail. The motor looks poorly designed and cheap anyway !

So...as a start,i managed to obtain a new motor and fan blade,did a full defrost and it seemd to work but Dh code came back.

The compressor goes on/off as expected so im assuming it is still maintaining temeprature.

I now read that Dh is related to the defrost heater sensor. This sounds expensive to fix and the local spares shop is rubbish and not really co-operative. All they want to do really is send their man to fix and charge lots of money. People just dont do diy here!

So assuming its still maintaining temp as it appears to be..are these viable options?

1)Manually dderost say once a month in the pold fashioned way

2)Fit a mechanical plug in timer and set it to say,ppower off for maybe 1 hour in every 24 hours to defrost in this way?

Thanks

Offline john63

• Technician
Re: Error Dh code LG Model GRA2076ROM
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 07:46:26 AM »
Unplug the refrigerator.

Test the defrost heater continuity with a VOLT/OHM METER.

If no continuity---replace the defrost heater.

Other possibilities are---DEFROST SENSOR and the MAIN BOARD.
This model number is not listed in the LG USA site and therefore I cannot provide part numbers or alternate testing methods.

Good luck

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »
First check the heater for continuity (if you have a meter and know how to use it). If it seems OK then I would change the thermistor (sensor) if you can get one they are relatively cheap. If neither of these options solve the problem you probably need a new control board. It would be extremely difficult ( but not impossible) to rig a mechanical timer into one of these.

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:53:26 AM »
Deja vu  :D

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 08:02:33 AM »
Brilliant minds think alike...

Offline dizzylizzy

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »
First check the heater for continuity (if you have a meter and know how to use it). If it seems OK then I would change the thermistor (sensor) if you can get one they are relatively cheap. If neither of these options solve the problem you probably need a new control board. It would be extremely difficult ( but not impossible) to rig a mechanical timer into one of these.

Hi thanks..although i have good tech skills,i dont have the necessary test equipment with me and the local spares stockist is small,disorganised and may not be able to supply parts.

Mechanical timer...no i wasnt thiking of modifying the appliance. The timer would be a plug in timer for the wall ac outlet into which the appliance is plugged. I could set a power off window of maybe 3 hours overnight to give some defrost time simply by cutting the power to the appliance. Not sure how succesful it would be...a bit crude but a new pcb sounds expensive.

Other than that,i guess it would be a manual defrost maybe once a month?? Just like people used to do..!!

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »
Modern fridges rely on air flow over the evaporator to function they need continual defrosting (3 times a day) to work properly. As for unplugging it the fridge it would have to get warmer than 0C in order to defrost so that is not an option either. I'm afraid you'll have to fix it.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 05:59:45 PM »
Your plan might work but you would  need to manually defrost every 3 weeks.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

5y error code on refrigerator model dghs2644kf2

Started by gregaguilar

Replies: 1
Views: 676
Last post December 11, 2013, 11:34:59 PM
by niobrara
Frigidaire Refrigerator model #LGUB2642LF4 error code SY CF

Started by doylel57

Replies: 2
Views: 170
Last post November 15, 2014, 03:53:10 PM