Forum > Chit Chat

This week at school

(1/4) > >>

bakeray:
This week we will be prepairing and competing in the Skills USA challenge. Ill be one of the first 4 to compete since our program is new to the Skills USA program and I cant wait...I say bring it on, lets see what Ive learned and lets see if I can apply it and lets see if I have what it takes to be worthy of being a tech that someone would hire.

Ive been working on a resume that they want and require. That was the hard part. I know what Ive done and I know what I know but selling me on paper seemed to be a problem.

About 8 to 10 local appliance service managers with our instructors and school officials will be judging while 4 of us compete for one spot at the Skills USA nationals that will be held in Kansas City.

schaffersapplian:
Skills USA is an awesome program.  I went to my local vo-tech for Carpentry, and I also competed in skills.  I ended up taking first at districts and states.  Then going to Kansas City to compete for nationals.  Unfortunately  some us got kick out for breaking curfew. It was still a blast and i learned alot.

schaffersapplian:
Good luck, And no "ironing" some chicks clothes after curfew  O0

JWWebster:
Ray Bay you have the power of the ApplianceJunk posse backing you up. Do us proud!

bakeray:
Ive been working on the resume they want.  Think I have polished a turd enough to make it look like a rose :2funny:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version