Author Topic: Dreaded LE Code  (Read 4148 times)

Offline UltimateDIY

• VIP Member
Dreaded LE Code
« on: April 25, 2010, 10:41:29 AM »
I've read through the forum and about the only thing remaining for me seems to be to replace the motor on this 2 year old LG LDS5811ST dishwasher.  Wish I'd known about the problems before hand.
I did see one post from a technician showing that I should replace the entire assembly M006 (from repair manual) or is it possible to just replace the vario motor M060?  It seems like everything else is working.  Is the motor sold seperately?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Dreaded LE Code
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 11:45:55 AM »
I looked in my manual Page 47* M060 is part number 4681ED1004A. Went to the LG parts website and found one here:

$77

What ya think?

*I have all the dishwasher manuals including yours specific one but they are all the same and this manual is a printable version that I already loaded on my google docs site
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:49:46 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 01:29:54 PM »
I've read through the forum and about the only thing remaining for me seems to be to replace the motor on this 2 yo dw.  Wish I'd known about the problems before hand.
I did see one post from a technician showing that I should replace the entire assembly M006 (from repair manual) or is it possible to just replace the vario motor M060?  It seems like everything else is working.  Is the motor sold seperately?

Yes--the WASH MOTOR is sold separately--however it is better to replace the entire SUMP ASSEMBLY (AJH31248604).

Replacing the WASH MOTOR requires fully disassembling the sump assy which isn't difficult but the major difficulty will be correctly re-installing the small/flimsy gaskets. During disassembly these gaskets will become *stretched* and are difficult to re-use.
There *will* be a high risk of loss-of-water-pressure from an improperly sealed chamber within the sump assembly.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:35:15 PM by john63 »

Offline UltimateDIY

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:21:32 PM »
I appreciate the help from everybody.  I guess if I keep the LG I'm going to have to keep the link to the LG parts website.

Thanks again.

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »
I appreciate the help from everybody.  I guess if I keep the LG I'm going to have to keep the link to the LG parts website.

Thanks again.

Your welcome.
The main disappointment with earlier LG dishwashers was failing SUMP ASSEMBLIES.
The new AJH31248604 SUMP ASSY which replaces the original number 6871DD1002B---is *not* prone to failure and is a vast improvement.

If you post your full model & serial number--I can provide  information---that applies to your dishwasher.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 06:23:10 PM »
Johnny do you recommend an LG parts outlet in particular? Is the one I gave up to par? Thanks in advance sir.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 09:45:10 PM »
Hello JW

LG Electronics parts availability is somewhat sporadic.
It's possible that LG originally wanted no parts "middleman" similar to Miele appliances.
I do not know the corporate motivation for this other than possibly a profit motive.
Over time--there has been a growing number of authorized parts dealers--one those is MCM ELECTRONICS.
Not long after Sears began to sell *some*LG branded appliances--parts were offered through the Sears parts dept.
Interestingly--it was reported in appliancemagine.com that beginning in 2010 most if not all Kenmore refrigerators will be LG manufactured.
This will likely expand Sear's inventory of LG replacement parts.
Another source would be www.repairclinic.com

I have not researched into any of these parts sources to compare them against LG--to see if they offer the same "depth" of availability. A few years back--MCM had a very,very small inventory of LG components--I would imagine that has since been expanded.

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:06:05 AM »
... most if not all Kenmore refrigerators will be LG manufactured...
along with the Washers & Dryers (goodbye Whirlpool)

... the new line of Kenmore and Kenmore Elite washers.

They move in five unique and revolutionary ways.

Smart Motion Technology is based on the agile Direct Drive Motor that precisely
controls the action of the drum, creating five unique wash motions, so
everything from rugged workwear to denim to lingerie gets just the right
amount of care.

Consumers get the best of both worlds -- cleaning power and fabric care -- in one washer.
The five wash motions are custom combined for each wash cycle to give the right amount
of care to each garment type.

The five motions include:

--  Tumbling - Conventional wash motion where clothes are moved from the
        bottom of the drum to the top of the drum in a large, circular motion.

--  Rolling - Clothes are gently moved in a small circle along the bottom of
        the drum, keeping them immersed in water.

--  Scrubbing - The drum alternates direction causing friction between the
        clothes, which creates a scrubbing effect and keeps clothes immersed in
        water.

--  Swinging - Clothes are gently tossed side-to-side for a delicate hand
        wash effect.

--  Stepping - Clothes are lifted to the top of the drum and then dropped
        sharply to the bottom of the drum.

After leaving this Earth, "Do you want the smoking or non-smoking section?"

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 07:18:31 AM »
A six-motion washer is being introduced shortly...

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 08:15:01 AM »
Is this really neccesary, manufacturers should concentrate more on long term reliability than stuffing machines with needless features that will cause more problems. I am starting to experience a lot of resentment from customers who wonder why their appliances are garbage after less than 10 years. Then they ask me which manufacturer makes reliable products and I cannot give them a straight answer because there isn't any.

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 08:49:09 AM »
A little clarification...

Five & six motion technology is not the addition of more components to the washer--it's all *software* (The Main Board).

Computers and sensors allow for maximum efficiency which was not possible in older front load washers with mechanical controls.

While it can be argued that it's taking  longer than most of us desire--the reliability and durability of "modern" appliances is improving steadily.

For example:
We've gone from RECIPROCATING compressors (reliable but not as efficient) to ROTARY compressors (more efficient but less reliable) to LINEAR compressors (very efficient and much more reliable than rotary).

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 09:45:03 AM »
An LG linear compressor operating at *full throttle* uses only about 100 watts.

When the temperature in the freezer/refrigerator is reached--the compressor will run only as needed to maintain temperature. Depending on the thermistor data--the compressor may operate at 20% to 50% capacity to recover whenever the freezer or refrigerator door is opened.

This compressor also has only ONE MOVING PART.
It's very very quiet due to the initial *start-up* operating at 50% capacity and then gradually ramping up to 100% (Very Low Starting Torque).

No START/RUN CAPACITORS or COMPRESSOR RELAYS are on the compressor--the MAIN BOARD operates the compressor.

The compressor has only (2) wires---this means that a technician can rule out a compressor fault in a NO START service call by simply adding a homemade plug to the two terminals on the linear compressor---plug it in/test it.
(always verify that the compressor is a 110 variable-voltage unit).

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:56:15 AM by john63 »

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 10:09:57 AM »
 We've come a long way since the wash board. I'm waiting for a dryer that will iron and fold my clothes. Cmon Kenmore/LG, you can do it!

Online AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 10:20:21 AM »
I'm waiting for a dryer that will iron and fold my clothes. Cmon Kenmore/LG, you can do it!

How about a robot that folds towels?

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 10:23:55 AM »
All this in the name of energy efficiency but where is there really energy savings when appliances last less then 10 years. They don't take into consideration how much energy it takes to scrap a dead appliance and build a new one. You can have features and still make them realiable but they don't because profits are more important than reliability. All manufacturers are guilty of this and the consumer is being sold a bill of goods with this energy effiecency bull.

LG Dishwasher with LE error code

Started by y4697

Replies: 80
Views: 93330
Last post September 06, 2013, 11:54:39 AM
by terror1
Dishwasher won't drain code OE

Started by Cujo

Replies: 2
Views: 6376
Last post October 23, 2008, 06:36:37 PM
by Cujo