Thanks for the link to the service manual. It helped out a lot when I rebuilt the cooktop.
I put it back together and all hooked up yesterday and it works great. The old o-rings and seals were very old and brittle. I had to scrape them off and then remove the remaining debris with a scotch brite pad and a small stainless detail brush I have. this worked well.
The O-ring kit I bought was interesting to install. Most of the o-rings have been replaced with silicone foam gaskets (probably cheaper to produce), and it took awhile to aline them. I also had an issue with the large o-ring that goes between the large burner head and the stainless cooktop pan. Finally I got it to stay in place.
The instructions said to tighten the venturi to 100 inch pounds. I always do double take when I see this, since I worked on cars a lot when younger. 100 div by 12 (inches) = 8 foot pounds.
Overall I'm very happy with the cooktop. bought for $350 from a lady who was remodeling, installed a new burner valve ($41) and a new O-ring kit ($82), plus my time. Love it.