Author Topic: GE Profile Gas Range F2 error  (Read 5208 times)

Offline jackie999

• VIP Member
GE Profile Gas Range F2 error
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:25:09 AM »
I saw this error once before on my gas oven and now it's showed up again. I just hit 'clear off' and it seems to clear it for now.
I noticed the heat doesn't seem consistent - it's taking longer to bake than it used to. I don't have an oven thermometer, but I had a little BBQ temperature gizmo - it shows the temp fluctuating 40degrees under and over the 500 degrees I had the oven set to...but I don't think I can trust that device. Is there a manual for this oven...I'd like to try some test codes.
I also followed a link about oxidization on a ribbon tail..I will try that..but a manual would be helpful.
F2=If actual temp condition occurred, look for welded relay contacts or high resistance connection or any cause in the oven temperature sensor circuit
Thank you.

Model JGB915 WEF3WW

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: GE Profile Gas Range F2 error
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »
I was looking through a late model manual I have. On page 22 shows the F-2 code and gives an explanation of welded bake relay contacts in the ERC (electronic range control)
XL44 tech manual
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline jackie999

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 12:58:39 PM »
Thanks for the pdf. I've looked through it and see what you're saying about the welded bake relay contacts. I would have assumed, once it was 'welded' that hitting 'clear start' wouldn't clear it and allow me to reset temp and continue bakeing?
The pdf is a little old - my oven was purchased Dec 2004.  The "ERC" layout looks somewhat the same, but I can't get it to go into 'test' mode (cooking time, delay start, 8 )
Reading all this reminds me that the oven always started at 100 temp when I set to bake, now, on occasion, it's starting at a number higher...130 or 140 or thereabouts...I can't duplicate that now since, after yesterdays F2 error, it's starting at 100 again.
I'm wondering if its simply the sensor that's buggy? I think that's the long probe sticking out of the back of the oven.
Unfortunately, apwagner.ca shows the 'sensor' as 'no longer available'
Thanks for looking it up for me..it's very much appreciated!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 01:06:25 PM »
You will need to get the oven control repaired by Bruce or buy another one. Bruce gives a better warranty than anybody. I don't know if he can do anything with yours.
This video shows how to go about checking a sensor:
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline jackie999

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:12:12 PM »
The video on checking the components was helpful..we checked the sensor, after having a heck of a time getting the quick disconnect disconnected..and it read at 1069ohms..so hopefully it's okay. At the same time we sprayed some electronic cleaner on the contacts (which appeared to have some white flakey stuff on them) and so far the error hasn't come back.
I was given the name of an electronic board repair place in Toronto, Turners Timer Repair, and I called them to get a price on repair, they were very helpful, telling me to wait and see if the error came back...the cost of a repair or rebuild was under $100 ...so that's a relief.
FYI, price of a new board, from reliableparts.ca $487.71 + tax and 2~3 week wait.
Thanks for the great helpful info!

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 03:05:03 PM »
FYI if your temp sensor does fail it is replaceable with:
GE p/n wb21x5304 
or
WPL 3148440
Take a Kid fishing.

GE Profile range # JS968S0K2SS error code FA!

Started by ChuckTalbot

Replies: 3
Views: 708
Last post March 18, 2014, 09:59:41 AM
by LowSL2
GE Profile range error code

Started by br12950

Replies: 0
Views: 581
Last post May 20, 2014, 10:08:35 AM
by br12950
Whirlpool Polara Range Error Code