Author Topic: What is the cubic feet of my 70 series Kenmore washer.  (Read 9082 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: What is the cubic feet of my 70 series Kenmore washer.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 10:46:55 AM »
The new 23 cubic foot cap washer comes with a hot tub feature for budget minded midgets.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »
Sears must be using box dimensions. 5.5 sounds right.

Offline miz_mdk

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 08:11:23 PM »
Trying to figure out the cubic feet of this washer. Thanks!!

Model 110.82872800

Reality check - we filled up our Kenmore Series 70 model 110.207722990 washer to the 2nd row of holes from the top (this is how much it fills automatically) with buckets it took 24 gallons. This converts to ~ 3.2 cu ft. Not exactly the same model, but same series, and what I was looking for when I came to this forum. Maybe it will help someone else, too.

Online theoldstoveguy

• Technician
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 10:20:07 PM »
That will give you the OUTER tub capacity not inner usable tub, back to the drawing board.

Offline miz_mdk

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »
That will give you the OUTER tub capacity not inner usable tub, back to the drawing board.

You are correct, but I want the outer tub capacity, because this is how much water it takes to do a wash. I'm not trying to figure out how many clothes I can put in the washer - I want to know how much water I can put in it. We are creating a rain collection system and this is what we need to know. Measuring the water before we put it in automatically accounts for the volume of the agitator, inner tub wall, etc. Perhaps others have some other goal in mind.

Offline gscrandall

• Technician
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »
Wholly ****  this is a complicated subject. I never could figure out how many clothes per cubic foot. and some of your comment make me laugh...

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »

You are correct, but I want the outer tub capacity, because this is how much water it takes to do a wash. I'm not trying to figure out how many clothes I can put in the washer - I want to know how much water I can put in it. We are creating a rain collection system and this is what we need to know. Measuring the water before we put it in automatically accounts for the volume of the agitator, inner tub wall, etc. Perhaps others have some other goal in mind.

Do you need to figure the volume of clothes and how much water they absorb too?

Not trying to be a smart as either, just wondering what all needs to be figured into creating a rain collection systems, sounds interesting.

Offline miz_mdk

• VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 02:27:17 PM »

Do you need to figure the volume of clothes and how much water they absorb too?

Not trying to be a smart as either, just wondering what all needs to be figured into creating a rain collection systems, sounds interesting.

Thanks for your interest! Yes, I do need to factor in the clothes, but I am going to take the same approach (today) - add clothes. I don't think you can measure that easily either, because as you say, they are absorbent. I don't think they add that much volume, they're so porous, but depends on what the fabric is. Will be interesting to see - I'll post about it afterwards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it matters to the washer if I get a little too much in - I assume it's designed to go down the drain if it does. I just don't want to waste the rainwater.

If you are interested in rain collection, my husband has a lot of information he loves to share and discuss with people.

Kenmore 80 Series Washer

Started by shawnrconnelly

Replies: 5
Views: 4007
Last post October 25, 2007, 09:46:52 AM
by Pegi
KENMORE WASHER 60 series

Started by amnesty

Replies: 7
Views: 11719
Last post March 06, 2008, 02:48:23 PM
by JWWebster