Author Topic: New quarter at schol  (Read 3060 times)

Offline bakeray

• Technician
New quarter at schol
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:14:22 AM »
Started Laundry classes today after a week off for spring break. Laundry is almost 2 quarters and we started by going over water quality, detergents and bleaches

My final grade last quarter for cooktops and ovens was a 3.8 O0

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: New quarter at schol
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 06:26:11 AM »
Good job bakeray. Keep up the good work.  O0
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:11:39 PM »
Great job Ray. Take some notes and give us the lowdown on it. All this stuff is complicated.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline bakeray

• Technician
Re: New quarter at school
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 01:13:34 AM »
Think Ive read all I ever want to know about Laundry theory. Detergents, bleaches, whats in detergents, stain and stain removal, Soft water, hard water, fabrics and fabric cleaning and care symbols.

By Monday when I take the test I should have the Whirlpool apartment maintinence job aid on washers almost memorized :2funny:

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:07:32 AM »
Good luck on the test Monday. Let us know how you do.  O0
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »
where are you going to school at?
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline bakeray

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 12:17:18 AM »
where are you going to school at?

Renton Technical College in Washington

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 11:26:42 AM »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline bakeray

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 07:33:27 PM »
The test today covered water quality, water temps, detergents, bleaches and installation of a washing machine.  I got 100 on it.  There was one question all of us missed that, from what we had read and researched conflicted with what the answer the Instructor had on the test. We showed him what we found and got credit for it. The question had to do with water hardness.

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 09:19:57 PM »
I envy your training.  I would love to go to a school with the caliber of training you are getting.  You should be proud of the trade you are in and the knowledge that you have.  As far as I am concerned, the appliance repair man is a dying trade.  You will be worth alot more than you think once you get a few years under your belt.  There are so few schools, and even less people willing to learn this ever increasing trade.  Keep up the good work!!   O0
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline bakeray

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 12:59:58 AM »
I stumbled on this school by accident. When I was laid off from Kenworth after 23 years I was a journeyman / lead sheet metal worker but I had no HVAC sheet metal experiance. Most of what I did was weld, fab and build cabs, fuel tanks, sleepers and frame rails. Lots of metal work, just not the kinda work that the Sheet Metal Workers Union could keep me employed doing.

I was looking for another sheet metal job and almost every search I did came up with either HVAC, HVAC-R or Appliance repair so I started looking into it and found a few schools around here that taught HVAV but only one that taught Appliance Repair. Since I had an offer for retraining, I jumped on it.

I just wish I would have jumped on retraining 10 years ago when it was offered to me, Instead I took a job building incinerator furnaces for ships....That lasted all of about a year ::)