Author Topic: wf218anw samsung with le erroe  (Read 6377 times)

Offline kellonnie

• Technician
wf218anw samsung with le erroe
« on: March 20, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »
keep getting le error on samsung vrt wf218anw washer. can watch the water enter the machine. not sure what to look for any help would be appreciated.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: samsung with le erroe
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 02:17:15 PM »
have you done a water frequency test?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline kellonnie

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »
i actually just cleaned out the drain trap and 5 loads later still working like a charm...wasnt much in there though, or maybe that load was too heavy not sure what the heck 

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 02:41:40 AM »
keep getting le error on samsung vrt wf218anw washer. can watch the water enter the machine. not sure what to look for any help would be appreciated.

Samsung WF218ANW washer.

Complaint: Clothing wet at end of cycle (or rarely--LE error)

With the control panel "on" (display lights are on)

Press and hold: SIGNAL & EXTRA RINSE buttons for 3 seconds.

If *6N1D* is displayed--replace the MAIN BOARD part number: DC92-00159A

This is a new main board with a revised spin-profile.
On WF218 washers--if the unit is in a cold room or if the cold water temperature is "cold enough" this can produce symptoms of wet laundry at the end of the cycle.
**I absolutely have idea yet how temperature affects the main board--but doubtless will find out eventually**

If the display reads: "6N1E"

The main board is NOT at fault and the problem may be with the water level sensor or an intermittent drain condition caused by a coin stuck in the plastic drain line *elbow* (between the tub drain outlet and the drain motor).

Good luck.

Offline kellonnie

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 05:12:25 PM »
clothing wasnt wet at end of cycle. samsung le error indicates washer tried to fill but couldnt. but all is well now. thank you

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:29:05 PM »
Your welcome--but I am confused.

Please enlighten us as to what you found at fault.

An "LE" error can be:

Hole in hose at WATER LEVEL SENSOR

Hose clogged with debris

Hose crimped/kinked

Hose disconnected from WATER LEVEL SENSOR

Failed WATER LEVEL SENSOR

Plug disconnected at WATER LEVEL SENSOR

Failed MAIN BOARD

Since water was observed entering the washer--this rules out a problem with the WATER LEVEL SENSOR--unless it overfilled.

The drain strainer was cleaned out (although no heavy blockage was present)

Very very very rarely does a heavy load of laundry trigger an error.
In fact--I've never seen this condition occur--ever.
Naturally--I'm curious as to what you've discovered to be the problem.
Many thanks.

FWIW--I've had about a half dozen Samsung washer warranty calls on washers that appear to work normally EXCEPT the high speed spin cycle was not always functioning.
Samsung sent a bulletin which indicated that there was a problem with the MAIN BOARD on the WF218ANW models.
In *most* cases the intermittent spin condition was found on washers located in areas of the home that was cold--usually in the basement. Two or three were not--but cold water wash & rinse cycles were used almost exclusively.

Since then--I had other models exhibiting the same symptoms (WF209/WF328) which leads me to think that perhaps other models will added to the list in the Technical Service Bulletin.
Time will tell...

Offline BrntToast

• VIP Member
  • Mayday Appliance Service
    • frigidaire service blog
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 12:59:28 AM »
from what i have seen doing samsung warranty, it does not matter what the fault is.... when you call they will say change the board
you could say the machine is pourng water on the floor and they will say change the board first  :P
Mayday Appliance Service
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

The only stupid question is the one not asked

Offline kellonnie

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 11:16:12 AM »
this is my personal washer so i know the history on it so this may seem long winded. i picked up this washer when it was 4 months old from a woman who swore it had a warped tub, so i went to check it out and determined that it was just a level problem. so i brought it  home and hooked it up all level and everything no problems. so saturday i did a load of towels no problem, then i did a load of whites, told the kids i was doing whites so they gathered up all of their white stuff and put it in mind you not paying much attention i was thinking it was all socks underwear and a few tshirts not realizing they put in hoodies and such. so anyway i started washer it started as usual as i was folding other laundry i hear this odd beeping of the washer i go check it out and see the le error. so i go check the manual and le error means washer attempted to fill but couldnt. so immediately i set up camp in front of washer (my kids thinking i lost it) and start it again to watch what exactly is going on. it started to fill quit tumbled a few times attempted to fill again tumbel a few times , it did this like 4 times them le occurred. so i unplugged it for 5 minutes and started it again same thing. while it did this i could also hear a trickling of water. so i set it to rinse and spin let it finish took out the load which was much bigger than i realized.took out the drain filter cleaned it out, there wasnt much in it. and started it empty, this time it contunually filled as it should and went all the way through as it should. since then ive done like 25 loads with no problems..

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 09:57:12 PM »
this is my personal washer so i know the history on it so this may seem long winded. i picked up this washer when it was 4 months old from a woman who swore it had a warped tub, so i went to check it out and determined that it was just a level problem. so i brought it  home and hooked it up all level and everything no problems. so saturday i did a load of towels no problem, then i did a load of whites, told the kids i was doing whites so they gathered up all of their white stuff and put it in mind you not paying much attention i was thinking it was all socks underwear and a few tshirts not realizing they put in hoodies and such. so anyway i started washer it started as usual as i was folding other laundry i hear this odd beeping of the washer i go check it out and see the le error. so i go check the manual and le error means washer attempted to fill but couldnt. so immediately i set up camp in front of washer (my kids thinking i lost it) and start it again to watch what exactly is going on. it started to fill quit tumbled a few times attempted to fill again tumbel a few times , it did this like 4 times them le occurred. so i unplugged it for 5 minutes and started it again same thing. while it did this i could also hear a trickling of water. so i set it to rinse and spin let it finish took out the load which was much bigger than i realized.took out the drain filter cleaned it out, there wasnt much in it. and started it empty, this time it contunually filled as it should and went all the way through as it should. since then ive done like 25 loads with no problems..

If I had to guess--this may be the result of the kids loading the washer--and then *compressing* the laundry in the tub to make additional space to allow adding yet more clothing.

Years ago--my brother's son was assigned laundry-duty for the week and the washer (top loader) had a failed motor in short order.
When asked about this--his son described loading the washer AND THEN climbing into the tub to pack-down the washload to make more room! <laugh>

Hard to say--it's an odd symptom in your washer that I've not seen lately but thanks for posting the details.

Offline kellonnie

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »
that would be my guess as well, kids blessing huh? lol gotta love the destructive spawns

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 10:30:56 PM »
from what i have seen doing samsung warranty, it does not matter what the fault is.... when you call they will say change the board
you could say the machine is pourng water on the floor and they will say change the board first  :P

I know what you mean.
Over the years we've gotten to know the men & women at Samsung's Tech Assistance Center (as well as other manufacturers).
There are certain tech-assist people that are good enough that we deliberately request dealing them (even if by e-mail).
Another habit of mine that has paid BIG dividends--is to approach the Training Instructor either before class begins or during breaks.
I approach them by describing a problem (or several issues) and the need for not only concrete answers but preferably a description as to WHY the thingamajig fails or malfunctions. I explain that ALL possible tech center suggestions/solutions have been exhausted to no avail---or nobody within the "escalation" system has answers that we/our customer needs.

This has produced the best results.
Training instructors have e-mail/text/phone numbers to a lot of people within the company (engineers/factory representatives/etc).
In return--I ALWAYS give these guys any & all field experiences that I've encountered and what corrective action(s) were successful.
In most cases they are aware of about 80 percent of the feedback I've given them. It's the 20 percent that they LOVE to hear about.
There's one top-notch instructor that was promoted out of our warranty coverage area--but we still communicate by e-mail.
He has a engineering background and spent many many years at Maytag. A giant among men. Dedicated people like this gentleman--are rare and a priviledge to be aquainted with.
Bottom line---as a warranty servicer---it usually pays to keep digging (sometimes for several months,unfortunately) until you get an answer that solves your customer's
problem(s). Everyone wins.

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 10:51:28 PM »
Bottom line---as a warranty servicer---it usually pays to keep digging (sometimes for several months,unfortunately) until you get an answer that solves your customer's
problem(s).

I don't know about your customers, but mine don't like to wait several months. ;)

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 11:25:51 PM »
problem(s).

I don't know about your customers, but mine don't like to wait several months. ;)

I agree.
Allow me to better articulate what I mean...

Back in 2000 or '01 I had a Frigidaire warranty customer with a front load washer--about (3) months into the warranty. The complaint was NO high-speed spin.
Replaced the Motor Controller and all was well.
Two weeks later--same symptom.
Another Motor Controller was installed and the washer performed as it should.
The Motor Controller failed yet again after a week or so.
At this point I contacted Frigidaire Tech Assistance and explained that the customer had asked what--if anything--they could do to prevent this failure. Why was it occurring? The warranty is for ONE year not ten years.
The answer I was given wasn't exactly helpful:

"The Motor Controller has failed due to a TRANSIENT EVENT."

My reaction was: "What??? What hell's that & what caused it"?

Reply: "We don't know." "Replace the Motor Controller."

After installing the new Motor Controller--I informed the customer that I did NOT know why their part kept failing--but that I'd notify them as soon as I got a definitive answer.

Sure enough--a few months passed and Frigidaire published a bulletin indicating that *electrical noise* from the contacts in the mechanical timer was "corrupting" Motor Controller programming.
I contacted the customer and replaced the motor controller with the updated version--which had the addition of several black jumper wires on it. These were *Noise Filters*.
Since that episode--I've taken a more active approach to finding answers rather waiting for it to reach me. Cuts a LOT of time.
Many bulletins that publish problems are released monthly--having the right connections (quality people) gets you this information *before* the release date.
Today--most types of computer glitches are reported early and often. A mere ten years ago--EVERYONE--was still on a "learning curve" with digital/electronic componentry.
Manufacturers
Parts Suppliers
Software Engineers
Tech People
and certainly the servicers.

Took a long time--but it's coming together.

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
This is a new main board with a revised spin-profile.
On WF218 washers--if the unit is in a cold room or if the cold water temperature is "cold enough" this can produce symptoms of wet laundry at the end of the cycle.
**I absolutely have NO have idea yet how temperature affects the main board--but doubtless will find out eventually**

UPDATE

Samsung has just published a bulletin dated 03/22/10 which describes the NO HIGH SPEED SPIN problem.

During cold temperatures--the oil inside the two balance rings become thicker--which slows the movement of the steel balls inside the balance ring tracks. This results in an imbalance condition during ramp-up to higher spin RPM.
The new MAIN BOARDS have a revised spin profile to allow more time for the balance rings to function properly.

This affects WF209/WF218/WF219 models.

Pressing the SPIN/SOIL LEVEL/POWER buttons will allow the servicer to identify the software version.

WF209: b90b or earlier replace with main board # DC92-00288C
           b90c (do not replace)

WF218
&
WF219: 6n26 or earlier replace with main board # DC92-00288A
           6n27 (do not replace)

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 10:43:24 PM »
Pressing the SPIN/SOIL LEVEL/POWER buttons will allow the servicer to identify the software version.

CLARIFICATION...

The CONTROL PANEL must be "off" (washer plugged in)

Press SPIN/SOIL LEVEL/POWER buttons---all at the same time.

need service manual for samsung wf218anw

Started by kellonnie

Replies: 1
Views: 3562
Last post January 10, 2010, 09:15:01 PM
by JWWebster
Samsung WF218ANW part identification please

Started by Spooney

Replies: 3
Views: 458
Last post October 22, 2013, 05:08:07 PM
by Spooney