Author Topic: Frigidaire Front Load Washer  (Read 3782 times)

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
Frigidaire Front Load Washer
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:30:04 PM »
Frigidaire GLTF2940ES3 Washer. The control wouldn't respond, got an "err LOC". I unplugged and plugged back in all connections on the main control and motor control boards and still had the same error. I then discovered that the washer was in "child lock" mode. I took it out of child lock mode, pushed start and for the 5 seconds it started to fill I was a hero and a genius, then it stopped filling and gave error code "E5E" which is a communication problem between the control board and the speed control board. The solution is to check wiring, if wiring is ok replace main control board. If that doesn't work replace speed control board. Does anyone have a decisive solution for this problem? I'm not going to go through the double board change again. It does the same thing in every segment of the diagnostics and every cycle tried, starts for about 5 seconds and then shuts off, about a minute later it starts again 5 seconds and shuts off. Kind of sounds like an overload on the main control shutting it down. I don't know. Voltage is good and constant. Is it possible that the large connector on the speed control board could be slightly off to the left or right causing a poor connection?

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: Frigidaire Front Load Washer
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:27:28 AM »
Place the machine in a spin cycle and press start.
If you can read a constant 120 volts at the speed control board and none of the motor windings are shorted or grounded, then replace the speed control. If the voltage is not present or stops, the main control is likely bad.

Use your tech sheet to carefully OHM out the motor windings.
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline BrntToast

• VIP Member
  • Mayday Appliance Service
    • frigidaire service blog
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »
check the harness going to the speed board, pay attention to the fine guage wires, also to their location, if these wires are routed on the outside of the board facing the tub you need to move the tub towards them paying attention to where the tub would strike them, then wiggle them at this spot
the wire in the insulation is so fine it can break without cutting through the insulation
i've seen many give the 5 second run before spitting out errors and almost always find a wire broken where the tub could have impacted it
Mayday Appliance Service
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

The only stupid question is the one not asked

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:49:41 PM »
 The small wires to the speed control "looked" ok. I checked the power to the speed control board when pushing start on a spin cycle and the voltage dropped to zero when the machine stopped after the 5 seconds. I replaced the main control board and had the same error. Does that mean a wire harness problem?

Frigidaire Front Load washer making noise.

Started by curtis

Replies: 3
Views: 7697
Last post July 05, 2007, 09:25:04 PM
by AJ
frigidaire front load washer

Started by Mikki

Replies: 6
Views: 6011
Last post October 17, 2007, 04:42:52 PM
by Mikki
Frigidaire Front Load Washer - Tumble Action Washers with AC Drive Motor Service

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2850
Last post January 10, 2009, 09:55:36 AM
by AJ
frigidaire front load washer

Started by diyguy

Replies: 2
Views: 2071
Last post January 27, 2009, 01:33:58 PM
by Mr. Fix-It
Frigidaire Front Load Washer