Author Topic: Maytag QuietSeries 100  (Read 8387 times)

Offline slcarlisle

• VIP Member
Maytag QuietSeries 100
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:54:27 AM »
Hello...

Hopefully you can help me out with this problem.  I can press the wash cycles (i.e. light,normal,heavy) and the light comes on.  However I cannot get the start/cancel light to come on.  I have reset the breaker in the basement to no avail.  Can you help me please ?

Thanks...

Model MDBTT59AWQ

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: Maytag QuietSeries 100
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:42:55 AM »
If the door is not aligning properly to allow the internal switches to close, you may not be able to fully program or start the unit. This probably requires a service call, as the control  board and pad will need to be checked by a tech with a meter. You can download the Maytag Tall Tub dishwasher manual and see what's involved with the door switches and panel if you like.
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
If the light wont even come on, Its most likely your touch pad, part # 6-917728
If the light does come, but wont start, it could be the door switch or control board, or wiring issues.  I frequently change those touch pads out because of faulty contacts on the membrane. 
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline slcarlisle

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 11:29:14 AM »
Thanks much for the replies.  I am pretty handy I will first take a shot at this myself with the input provided and then go from there.

Thanks very much... :)

Offline slcarlisle

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 06:18:59 AM »
Well I have tried replacing the switch, replacing the circuit board to no avail.  I have bypassed the switch to rule it out even though it is new and still no start light.  I have ordered the membrane as my last resort.  Hopefully this will fix it I can't think of anything else that could be the problem.  If anyone else can think of anything I would appreciate it.   >:(

Again thanks....

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 06:48:15 AM »
Go get that membrane! Make sure when you install it, the little foam piece is in place on the left side over the vent.  The new membrane comes with a new one.
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 07:41:58 AM »
It must be that "time of the month". :)

By this I mean, I just had to replace a black control panel (membrane) last week on a Maytag Tall tub dishwasher for the very same problem. I have noticed that parts tend to fail more during a certain time of the year, maybe it's affected by moon phases, I don't know. I will see a repeated failure for about a week all around my city. Same part, same product. I may never see that kind of failure again for several months, but certainly for a day or two. Odd isn't it?

Am I nuts, or has any other tech who deals in parts seen this occurence as well? (OK, I may also be nuts)
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Online niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 06:27:38 PM »
You are not nuts,I have replaced 3 in the last 6 weeks.So I put a white one on my van,then had to order a black one.ERRRR  :tickedoff: I seemed to have had a lot of those since last fall.

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 09:19:38 PM »
I agree, your not nuts, It seems I also change them in spurts.  I think "brown outs" have alot to do with them going bad.  I once retro fitted a inline noise filter from a neptune washer onto one of these dishwasher's because of reoccurring membrane failure's.  I haven't been back since on that machine.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
Schaffernator? That was a stroke of genius. What made you think of it?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 10:54:43 PM »
I can't remember the part number that I used, but i did look this up, part # 25001031
I had to figure something out after 4 service calls for the same part failure in warranty, then a field scrap. Then the new product did the same thing.  One of my closest friends is a Lineman for the power company. We have had long conversations in regards to brown outs and line noise at isolated area's.  Most of today's components rely on 60 hertz to run the logic correctly.  I just used what I had to resolve the issue, and thank god it worked!  I am no genius, I still don't quite understand what hertz is, and how it plays a role on electronic control boards,  but i do know it needs to be consistent. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:58:43 PM by schaffersapplian »

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 08:59:23 AM »
Hertz is the frequency of the number of times per second that an AC input goes from positive to negative. I dont think brown outs would cause membranes to fail as they are only a matrix of switches. They definately cause IC chips to get scrambled and will make circuit boards fail. I find it strange that certain repairs do tend to come in groups though, like having 3 lid switches in stock for months and then using them all in 1 day. That was the weirdest one I had.

Offline RAH52

• Technician
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 07:14:55 PM »
I tend to use oven ignitors in spurts  . I might go 3 weeks without using one then use 6 in a week . Weird

Offline slcarlisle

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 07:10:17 AM »
Gents,

Finally got it fixed and it was indeed the membrane, part # 6-917728 
Thanks again for all your help!!!
A terrific website for the DIY ....

:)

Maytag MDBTT60AWW dishwasher.

Started by Bob

Replies: 3