Author Topic: LE code  (Read 11451 times)

Offline bamsooner

• VIP Member
LE code
« on: March 04, 2010, 08:55:35 AM »
I have a LG TROMM frontloader model WM2277HW that flashes an LE code shortly after you try to start a cycle, ive tried unpluging ad letting it reset and flipping the breaker and it still does it, any ideas?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: LE code
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »
Turn the tub by hand, LE is a locked motor. Something could be jammed between the tub and the basket.  printable service manual
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline bzbzbz

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »
The one thing I have noticed when I get this code...

It is usually after I am removing clothes from the washer and I inadvertantly spin the drum. Spinning the drum will cause the washer to come on. If this happens, When the next load runs, I will get the LE error.

You have to turn it off, unplug it and let it sit for a minute. Moving the drum is optional to me. Sometimes it makes a difference, other times it goes without having to spin the drum a turn.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »
You probably have something in there that don't belong. They recommend removing the heating element by the way to "fish out" whatever is twixt the drum and tub.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 05:41:10 PM »
I have a LG TROMM frontloader model-WM2277HW that flashes an LE code shortly after you try to start a cycle, ive tried unpluging ad letting it reset and flipping the breaker and it still does it, any ideas?

Failed HALL EFFECT SENSOR part number: 6501KW2002A

New sensors have a greater capacity to handle higher electrical loads caused by over-use of "HE TYPE" detergent or incorrect detergent.
Most original Hall Effect Sensors failed due to consumers inadvertently over-using HE type detergent (per label instructions).
The CORRECT amount of HE detergent is as follows:

HE : (2) Tablespoons Per Washload

HE 2X : (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X : (1) Teaspoon

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:00:03 PM »
Ok let me get this straight: The HE detergent is specially formulated for the machine so that on board intel can accurately wash a load. Over-sudsing can cause resistance in the windings to the point that on-board intel swings into a pre-programmed defense mechanism to effectively correct the problem by shifting into several mini wash cycles. In turn the resulting effect is overheating of the hall effect sensor and causing failure? Am I right?
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 09:33:14 PM »
When too much of the low-sudsing HE detergent is used in the LG washers (and especially non-HE type detergent)...

The motor & main board will detect suds when the tub begins to spin.

As strange as this sounds--suds causes drag/resistance.

The older hall sensors overheated--the main board would shut-down the washer & flash an error message of "LE".

If the Hall Sensor was not damaged--then the customer would be able to unplug the washer for about 2-3 minutes and plug in the washer again--the washer would be able to be re-started (reboot of the computer).

Eventually--this results in an "LE" error that won't re-set and the Hall Sensor needs to be replaced. The tell-tale symptom of this (aside from a "stuck" LE error) is that when the customer pushes the START button--the tub *wiggles* momentarily before flashing LE again.
On a few occassions--the washer WILL start but the motor GROWLS loudly.

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 09:54:51 PM »
You probably have something in there that don't belong. They recommend removing the heating element by the way to "fish out" whatever is twixt the drum and tub.

On washers that exhibit a...

CLICK-CLICK-CLICK

sound--this usually is something in the drum that needs to be removed--such as a bra wire. I had one last week and fortunately was able to remove it from the top of the tub because the wire was snagged at the AIR VENT. On another occassion--I was not as lucky and had to disassemble the tub to gain access to it. I don't enjoy this much labor-intensive work to remove something so trivial. I am brainstorming to find an easier way to accomplish this in a more practical way---one idea is to locate the wire using a very bright light---and then cutting a hole in the stainless tub large enough to remove an object. After that--plug the hole with a stainless cap. Not sure if that'll pass with LG but I'll run it by them in a few weeks during training.
It's not a common issue but still--it'd be a LOT easier not having to tear-down so much for so little.

On another note--some customers have asked about the tub making a faint...

tic-tic-tic

when tub is rotated. This is normal.

donate
$1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50

Whirlpool electronic error code

Started by roxgirl

Replies: 1
Views: 5100
Last post July 25, 2007, 08:15:36 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 13151
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Kitchenaid Washer F11 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 4993
Last post March 23, 2008, 07:06:27 AM
by TechnicianBrian
error code F-05