Author Topic: Washer vibrating too much during spin cycle  (Read 17249 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Washer vibrating too much during spin cycle
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »
I agree Mr Fixit, Delicate control boards needs to be handled using grounding straps and rubber gloves. Today's pros must constantly review and update their skills using the very latest bulletins and service pointers. These service pointers and bulletins are rarely seen by consumers. It is best to consult a pro when taking on devises which require expensive electronics.
One way to avoid this trap is to purchase reliable mechanical products which operate on sound principles and last for years and years. I would be willing to pay more for an old style appliance than any newer hunk of junk from overseas. If I could I would open a factory and build tried and true appliances. I know I would have a market in today's current inventory of sorry, faulty, poorly regulated electronics. Which not only are expensive and ill designed but constantly tax the well being of our society and should be investigated. Times are tough and money is tight, and while these newer appliances may look pretty, buyer beware.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 03:05:55 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »
Is this a forum to expand knowledge or to attack & criticize technology with a broad brush?

Technology never stands still--consumers ARE purchasing frontloaders/dishwashers/refrigerators/dryers/ranges with digital electronics.

What would the reaction be if I kept posting a rant about returning to the wringer washer instead?

ElectroMechanical controls are fast-fading gentlemen.

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »
 I'm all for going back to the wringer washer. Less parts inventory and 100 percent Made In America

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 06:24:09 PM »
Amen
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »
Wow.
I'm obviously on the wrong forum.

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 07:46:24 PM »
Dirtrider, Is that machine on a riser? I have seen the riser's play a drastic roll in adding to their vibrating tendency's. A lot of the time, the installers installed the riser's improperly resulting in more movement then desired, and possibly even welds breaking on the riser itself.  I own one of these machines (MAH9700) and I, for the most part don't have much shaking out of it.  It does have the upgraded board in it, is on a concrete floor, leveled perfectly with a slight tilt back, and does not have a riser on it.

As a service technician, authorized by Maytag the day they came out and now, I do know I have had a ton of service calls on these machine's in regards to their shaking.  I usually bite my tongue, re-level, and explain how they work.  I have found that the shake away pads, or grip tape from a skate board work great for steadying the machine's.  

Just some tips that I have found work best on my washer.

1. Always split laundry into like articles.  IE: Towels with towels only. Lighter weight fabric's with lighter weight fabric's

2. These machine's, like most run better with larger loads compared to small loads (less of a chance of all the articles to end up on the same side while spinning)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:54:22 PM by schaffersapplian »
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 07:58:39 PM »
@john: I am an old fart. Please pardon my rant about the good old days. I am here to learn and you are very knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing your info with us. And do not pay attention to this old fool.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 08:01:53 PM »
 :popcorn:
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline dirtrider180

• VIP Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »
I put some foam tape on the vent flaps now the terrible noise is gone.  That was all it was those things closing when it was spinning.

MAH8700AWW Washer vibrating too much during spin cycle

Started by toolturnr

Replies: 0
Views: 445
Last post July 20, 2013, 01:13:13 PM
by toolturnr
Maytag washer mah4000aww spin cycle

Started by evo100

Replies: 1
Views: 3293
Last post December 25, 2007, 09:41:02 PM
by AJ
washer works except spin cycle and has a burning rubber smell.

Started by hogslayer

Replies: 4
Views: 4857
Last post February 19, 2008, 03:50:55 PM
by JWWebster
Maytag washer-- got agitation, no spin in spin cycle

Started by PB3

Replies: 13
Views: 12670
Last post March 28, 2008, 09:18:30 AM
by PB3
washer trips gfi at spin cycle