Author Topic: LG Dishwashers  (Read 3262 times)

Offline golfhard71

• VIP Member
LG Dishwashers
« on: March 01, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
Hi first timer here, hope this right. I have a LG LDF7810ST dishwasher. LE code came up. I took some of the advise read here and fixed some "broken" (wierd) wires. It fixed the code, however the machine sounds like a blender. I got past the filters and into the motor spindle and turned it by hand. It helped a little, but not really. Time for a new motor? and which motor?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: LG Dishwashers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:36:43 PM »
The impeller is reversed threads, remove that, then lift it out. Then lift off the disposal type blade.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:57:05 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 04:47:04 PM »
Next thing to do is lay her on her side and remove the bottom panel. Remove 2 screws from the motor retainers and pop them motor retainers.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:57:26 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 04:49:57 PM »
Then you remove 4 or 5 quick connects and 3 or 4 hoses. Use a 10 mm socket to remove the nut holding the ground wire. Push in on a couple of tabs and twist the motor assembly.
The motor assembly comes out into the tub area and onto the table for inspection and replacement.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:52:56 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »
The motor assembly has the main motor in the middle and the pump motor and a diverter valve that move the water from base to top. The heater assembly is in there and the turbidity sensor and a micro switch which works the diverter valve to put the water to top or bottom rack whichever the brain wants to do.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 05:23:50 PM »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 06:29:34 PM »
Hi first timer here, hope this right. I have a lg d/w ldf7810st. LE code came up. I took some of the advise read here and fixed some "broken" (wierd) wires. It fixed the code, however the machine sounds like a blender. I got past the filters and into the motor spindle and turned it by hand. It helped a little, but not really. Time for a new motor? and which motor?

Replace the Sump Assembly part number: AJH31248604

It is not worth the time & effort replacing individual components within the sump assembly.

After repairing the wire(s) inside the door---wrap the entire wire loom with electrical tape from the bottom of the door up to the detergent dispenser assy.
Place a small section of cardboard between the wire loom & the black insulation and re-install the door panel.

Offline golfhard71

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
Awsome! Thank you. I started into it on monday and got a manual, and got all the way to the motor I guess. It hits a point where it wont turn by hand so I figured that was the problem. Now, I called EVERY appliance in town (Olympia, Wa.,state capitol, not hick town) and not 1 person could get parts. I ended up with repairclinic.com. Thank god. Thanks for the help. I'll post results.

4322430 KD-10 1998 Dishwashers Servicing and Troubleshooting Service Manual

Started by whirlpooltech

Replies: 0
Views: 2158
Last post March 22, 2008, 07:54:25 PM
by whirlpooltech
16021814 Maytag Jetclean II Dishwashers Service Repair Manual

Started by whirlpooltech

Replies: 1
Views: 5281
Last post March 22, 2008, 08:11:26 PM
by AJ