Author Topic: LG dryer wont shut off  (Read 6596 times)

Offline oscar333

• VIP Member
LG dryer wont shut off
« on: February 24, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »
This LG DLG2522W dryer gets down to 6 min (digital display) and just keeps running and heating at 6 min mark and wont advance or shut off anyone have a service manual on this that I can get or have any ideas whats wrong thanks
                                                  Oscar

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: LG dryer wont shut off
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:16:30 AM »
Are these clean?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline oscar333

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:16:21 AM »
Yes, they are clean.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 12:56:05 PM »
I have a service manual. AJ's awesome LG gas manual
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:57:56 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »
This dryer gets down to 6 min (digital display) and just keeps running and heating at 6 min mark and wont advance or shut off anyone have a service manual on this that I can get or have any ideas whats wrong thanks
                                                  Oscar

Inspect the dryer venting from the rear of the dryer to the outside vent hood of the home.
If there's a restriction in the vent--the clothing in the dryer takes longer to dry.
When an LG dryer is functioning normally---the time required to dry laundry is determined by the *Sensor* located on the drum side of the lint filter housing and by the main control board.
When laundry is near dry--any Time Remaining on the control panel that is *not* needed will be eliminated---except for the last 6 minutes.
The final 6 minutes of any LG automatic cycle is for cooling down the laundry before the dryer ends the cycle.
If a dryer *counts down* to the last 6 minutes but the laundry is still not dry--the computer will allow the dryer to run until the laundry has dried or defaults (not drying within the additional time allowed).
Dryer vents that are longer than 8 feet with more than (2) 90 degree turns--can affect drying performance.
Setting the DRY LEVEL selector to *Very Dry* will solve most dryability issues. In homes with abnormally long vents--even the longer run time in the *Very Dry* setting is usually not sufficient to dry laundry loads.
Reducing the length of the vent or starting a second cycle becomes necessary to fully dry the clothing.
If a second cycle was started---only the amount of time that is needed to dry laundry will be used before dropping to 6 minutes and then the cycle will end with dry laundry.

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 02:23:02 PM »
Additional Info...

LG gas dryers are more sensitive to venting length and air flow resistance. The gas burner can cause a rapid increase in temperature compared to an electric burner.
Rapid temperature rise in a gas dryer leads to premature burner shutdown (longer time required to dry laundry).
The gradual temperature increase of an electric element is more "forgiving" in homes where the dryer venting is less than ideal.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 02:55:55 PM »
Excellent
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline oscar333

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 08:25:35 PM »
I just want to say thank you for your help. would this venting problem also let it keep on heating in the last 6 min. that also seems to be a problem it just keeps heating and running and wont shut off thanks again

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 09:26:12 PM »
I just want to say thank you for your help. would this venting problem also let it keep on heating in the last 6 min. that also seems to be a problem it just keeps heating and running and wont shut off thanks again

If the dryer *never* shuts-off the MAIN BOARD should be replaced.

Offline aptcloe

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 12:56:04 PM »
I have the exact same issue regarding the '6 mins' probelm on a DLG7188WM model. Oscar333/John63/JWWebster does anyone know how Oscar333 got it fixed. My solution should be the same. Thanks.  :'(

Kenmore dryer door won't shut!

Started by krisncameron

Replies: 8
Views: 17058
Last post April 29, 2011, 08:21:47 PM
by evesnlm
LG gas dryer wont heat

Started by berniet

Replies: 17
Views: 16059
Last post December 03, 2014, 12:15:07 AM
by BillR625