Author Topic: LG Product Recall  (Read 2617 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
LG Product Recall
« on: February 18, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the respective companies listed below, announces the following product recalls:
LG Electronics Tianjin Appliance Co. (of China) announces the recall of portable dehumidifiers—with Goldstar or Comfort-Aire printed on the front—because the compressor can short circuit, posing fire and burn hazards. Reports of property-damage incidents involving arcing, heat, smoke—including four fires that spread to the building structure and involved significant smoke/water damage—have been reported; no injuries have been reported. Visit www.30pintdehumidifierrecall.com for more information about product models and remedies.
• Watts Regulator Co. announces the recall of its 1-in. 140X-9 temperature and pressure relief valves, which can fail to reduce pressure, and avert failure or rupture of the water-heater tank and associated valves, posing rupture and burn hazards. Visit www.watts.com for more information.

More information about these and other recall notices is available at www.cpsc.gov.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
Re: Product Recall
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »
I just checked my LG dehumidifier, and is not part of the recall.  O0
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline viking351

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:mine is good to go too

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »
I have a fancy dehumidifier in my house here in the swamp, it's a Miller 3 ton central unit.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 10:58:43 PM »
You da man :D
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Faulty Installation Instructions Prompt RadioShack Corp. Recall of Electrical Sw

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1503
Last post April 02, 2009, 10:24:31 AM
by AJ