Forum > Chit Chat

LG Product Recall

(1/2) > >>

JWWebster:
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the respective companies listed below, announces the following product recalls:
• LG Electronics Tianjin Appliance Co. (of China) announces the recall of portable dehumidifiers—with Goldstar or Comfort-Aire printed on the front—because the compressor can short circuit, posing fire and burn hazards. Reports of property-damage incidents involving arcing, heat, smoke—including four fires that spread to the building structure and involved significant smoke/water damage—have been reported; no injuries have been reported. Visit www.30pintdehumidifierrecall.com for more information about product models and remedies.
• Watts Regulator Co. announces the recall of its 1-in. 140X-9 temperature and pressure relief valves, which can fail to reduce pressure, and avert failure or rupture of the water-heater tank and associated valves, posing rupture and burn hazards. Visit www.watts.com for more information.

More information about these and other recall notices is available at www.cpsc.gov.

schaffersapplian:
I just checked my LG dehumidifier, and is not part of the recall.  O0

viking351:
 :rofl: :rofl:mine is good to go too

JWWebster:
I have a fancy dehumidifier in my house here in the swamp, it's a Miller 3 ton central unit.

AJ:
Old news, but thanks anyways JW. :)

Dehumidifiers Recalled by LG Electronics Tianjin Appliance Due to Fire and Burn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version