Forum > Dryer Repair

Dryer Fires!

<< < (2/3) > >>

def:

--- Quote from: jimbo6679 on June 29, 2010, 08:47:35 AM ---I served 22 years in the nuclear submarine service.  We had oxygen in tanks the size of a semi, we had topedoes that would ruin your day if they had an accident, we had 25,000 gallons of diesel, 3000 PSI huydraulics all over the place,we has subroc rockets that would burn a hole all the way out the back end of the boat if it went off....but in all that time, the only few times we experienced fires on board......was in the clothes dryer!

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your service Jimbo.   :thanks:

def  CA-148 "Thunder"

john63:
Thank you def & jimbo both, for your service.

john63  *freedom-loving civilian*  :)

tgoods:
I've seen hundreds of dryer fires. Every one I've seen, it filled the dryer with smoke and choked itself out.  Some of them, the customer didn't even know there was a fire until I showed them the charred lint. Most of them didn't need any service other than cleaning out the lint.  Some of them needed burnt wiring replaced.
On every dryer service call, I disassemble and clean out the lint. And I brush out the vent, too, if it needs it.

RegUS_PatOff:

--- Quote from: tgoods on February 21, 2013, 10:37:48 AM ---... On every dryer service call, I disassemble and clean out the lint. And I brush out the vent, too, if it needs it.

--- End quote ---
should also check the HI / LOW "trigger" temperatures at the Vent, as near to the Dryer, running an empty load.

def:

--- Quote from: AJ on February 05, 2010, 11:29:21 AM ---Don't let this happen to you!
Clean the lint build up from your dryer and vent.

--- End quote ---

Don't worry, that'll buff right out.   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version