Author Topic: RS2533SW Samsung  (Read 6881 times)

Online niobrara

• Technician
RS2533SW Samsung
« on: February 03, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
Need a tech manual.BAD

Samsung Model RS2533SW

Online AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Re: Samsung
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:15 PM »

Online niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:38:27 PM »
Thank you so much.

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »
whats wrong with it, i just had training on samsung fridges yesterday
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Online niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 06:51:04 AM »
well the fan in ref side was not working so a board was replaced.No cooling in ref was the call back.I got there and checked unit found nothing and shot a temp reading in ref of 38.Set it back up for yesterday.Ref evap frozen,heater checks,fuse checks and therm check.However freezer sensor is open.Did not check freezer first time there because freezer was 0.Ran di tests and no codes.Called Samsung and got no good info.A lot of it could be this and it might be this.Ordered freezer sensor and fuse assb and therm.But found nothing as to why ref evap was frozen.Ran ref heater and it works.

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:24:23 PM »
One thing i do know without my cd in front of me (they ran out) is that this fridge works a little different then most for the defrost... The Bi-metal is a safety only, its set i think at 140 degrees, the point right before the cabinet melts.  This entire fridge terminates defrost when the board reads the correct resistance from the thermistors.  From what i was told, Samsung has had some issues with them.  The guy from samsung teaching the class said the resistance on all the thermistors on their fridges are all the same... they are all inner-changeable except the wire leads between the part numbers are different lengths.  my boss has the info on the part number to order, i will get it to you..  did you catch notice the deal with the defrost heater? you gotta order the entire evaporator. good thing they thought that one threw :o
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Online niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 06:29:14 PM »
I was praying that heater was not open when i checked it and saw how it worked. Check out the new elctrolux ice makers if you really want a scare.Six hollow cubes at a time and will make 10 pounds in 24 hours.But notice how the sealed system is designed into it. :'(

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 08:15:33 PM »
140f degree terminator? Dang
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 08:23:17 PM »
its just a fail safe, its not in play at all unless the thermistors or board fail

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 06:12:32 PM »
i was talking to my boss yesterday, looks like on monday or tuesday i am going to be installing a new board on an electolux machine and some kind of heater kit in the icemaker area.  Talked to tech about it, i guess it should take anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes to do the repair, i'll let you know what it is and how hard it is to do.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 08:14:40 PM »
cool
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Online niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 10:52:12 PM »
Let us know if the motor runs the unit all the way up to the switch or if you have to custom it.And check out the evaps. :o

Online niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 10:54:21 PM »
Hey let me know how that 45 to 60 minutes go,do you have to do the doors also?

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 10:48:15 PM »
Well, I figured I would let you all know about those icemaker kits.  THEY SUCK.  I have done a few now.  Every time I install one, no matter how careful I am, The icemaker will go into the Evaporator, miss the switch, make some kind of noise, and start flopping over to the right again. Something above the plastic plate is always in the way, and it takes 20 minutes just to resolve this.  And the sticky tape that holds the icemaker housing to the cabinet is a pain in the rear to break free.  I feel bad for These folks when these machines break out of warranty.  Its gonna cost them big time.

I always tell people;

If you buy the BMW or Mercedes of appliances, expect to pay what a BMW or Mercedes cost to repair compared to your Honda you could have bought.  O0

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 11:43:48 PM »
And if you buy the cheap appliances you only pays the cheap service call. Buy Roper.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Samsung RS2630WW Fan Noise

Started by MuffinFlavored

Replies: 18
Views: 12806
Last post December 26, 2011, 11:36:38 AM
by whirlpooltech
RS2530bsh Samsung Refrigerator

Started by grantski

Replies: 3
Views: 2415
Last post March 11, 2009, 12:08:51 PM