I finally got around to repairing this dryer today. I replaced one thermostat at a time, no fix. Replaced timer, no fix. Replaced timer motor, no fix. Replaced temp. control switch out of frustration, no fix. Couple more timer motors, no fix. Took it back apart one more time before calling a day, at midnight, and found the outer heating element had a hidden break in it inside one of the ceramic insulators. The first thing I usually check is this, but it was the last thing I checked this time. I only did a visual inspection, not a continuity test. So this dryer was not getting hot enough to operate the thermostat that cycles the timer. Lesson learned.