Forum > Washer Repair

Kenmore 70 Series Washer - no cold water, weak spin cycle?

<< < (2/3) > >>

JWWebster:
If it has continuity then yes the solenoid is good but the mechanicals within might not be. You can power up the suspect solenoid using a 120 v lamp cord with clips. Briefly disconnect the solenoid from the harness and power the coil up a sec just to see if water shoots out, that is if you are careful and comfortable with doing that. If it turns out the water valve is ok then the next thing to look at is the water temp selector switch.

Q451990:
I'm pretty comfortable checking it with a lamp cord... I'll try to get there tomorrow.  Any thoughts on things not getting dry enough sometimes after a spin?

Thanks!

Heath

JWWebster:
Sand or strings in the pump can cause a slow drain effect.

Q451990:
Well, I tested the valve by swapping the cold and hot wires, and the problem stayed with the valve.  So I swapped the hoses so that at least she can run the washer in cold/cold mode.  I figured that'll be a little better for her than carrying jugs of water to the washer for the rinse cycle.

I asked her to run it with a few loads over the weekend and see if the wet clothes issue is continuing... it looks like it's spinning pretty well to me.

Thanks!

Heath

Q451990:
Thanks again for your help!  I put a new valve in on Monday and it's working great!  10 minutes for the valve and 45 wrestling with getting the cabinet back on.  Front and one side was no problem, but front and two sides almost kicked my butt!

Heath

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version