Free Service - Appliance Repair Help & Troubleshooting

Author Topic: need a repair/service manual for maytag LSE7806ACE stackable washer+dryer  (Read 209 times)

Online davidtg

• VIP Member

Hi, all! I bought a used LSE7806ACE that fairly quickly started giving us problems. The first issues were that the dryer apparently overheats or similar; it will run for a couple of loads but then be unresponsive for many hours.

Then, though, the washer suddenly died; it stopped when full and won't respond at any time in any setting.  I siphoned out the water and gave it a day but it still doesn't work.

I've read that we might check the main fuse, replace the lid switch assembly, and perhaps replace the dryer door switch (although the intermittent nature of that failure seems to point more toward something thermal), but I haven't yet managed to dig in after a couple of cursory looks.  I'd really like to get my hands on the service manual so that I can walk through the steps before attacking the machine, but I haven't found a source for one yet.

Does anyone have a pointer to a downloadable manual or any tips in general?

TIA & Happy New Year

:-D
--
David T-G

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Parts manual and wiring diagram at end of parts manual.   https://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Repair%20Part%20List%20-%20LSE7806ACE.pdf

Online davidtg

• VIP Member
Parts manual and wiring diagram at end of parts manual.
[snip]

Thanks so much!  That's awesome.

I'm still looking for guidance to get in, but I'll start by reviewing the parts diagrams to see where the screws go :-)

Online davidtg

• VIP Member
Hi again, all!  I'm back, finally...

I'm still looking for guidance to get in, but I'll start by reviewing the parts diagrams to see where the screws go :-)

Yeah, once I got down level with it I saw the two screws right in the front panel *duh* :-) I got the panel off and confirmed that I have connectivity through the fuse, so it won't be that.

Next to figure out how to test the water level switch (a round unit above the fuse), the lid switch (I have no idea where it is!), and maybe the timer (is it all self-contained in the control panel?) or even a control board (no ideas). What do you think?

Thanks again!

Offline dab147315

• Technician
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-i5KqMA2RZwWGZIRU5SbElXSlk.   I think your problem will be with the lid switch Part #  12001514   You have to pull washer out from the stand to get to that part.Manual is old put is as close as i can find. Two 3/8 screws under lid to get the whole lid up.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:25:55 PM by dab147315 »

Offline dab147315

• Technician
I guess the washer will still fill with water but will not agitate or spin if thats the case as i guess it doing than look at the lid switch assembly that i gave you in my last post.This part #  WP207166   is one of the parts that make up that assembly and usually makes for no spin or agitate which can be check with a meter or by pushing in on the switch to hear if it makes a clicking sound.

Online davidtg

• VIP Member
Hi, all --

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-i5KqMA2RZwWGZIRU5SbElXSlk.   

Thanks! That's an excellent manual; awesome.

I think your problem will be with the lid switch Part #  12001514   You have to pull washer out from the stand to get to that part.Manual is old put is as close as i can find. Two 3/8 screws under lid to get the whole lid up.

The two hex-head screws or bolts in the front corners? OK; I'll take a socket to 'em.

So just where is the lid switch?  Mounted on the back side of the washer top, maybe?

Thanks again

Online davidtg

• VIP Member
I guess the washer will still fill with water but will not agitate or spin if thats the case as i guess it doing than look at the lid switch assembly that i gave you in my last post.This part #  WP207166   is one of the parts that make up that assembly and usually makes for no spin or agitate which can be check with a meter or by pushing in on the switch to hear if it makes a clicking sound.

It did fill one last time, but after that it has done nothing.  It wouldn't agitate, drain, or spin.  Once I siphoned the water out, I [am almost certain I] tried it again and got no response at any point on the dial :-(

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Worked on many of these typically with the same issue - I would focus on the lid switches (there's a switch open somewhere) If my memory serves me correctly I believe there are (2) one attached to the lid Dead Center and another on left side upright pillar on the inside pillar. Let us know what you find.

16007803 Maytag Front Load Washer Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 7305
Last post March 27, 2008, 08:23:12 PM
by AJ
16022808 Maytag Top Load Neptune Washer Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 6094
Last post April 24, 2008, 05:04:08 PM
by AJ
16022937 Maytag Amana Top Load Washer Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 5596
Last post May 24, 2008, 09:30:09 AM
by AJ
16026502 Maytag Amana Top Load Washer Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 4896
Last post May 27, 2008, 12:47:46 PM
by AJ
16025909 Maytag MAH9700AW 27" Front Load Washer Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 9421
Last post June 03, 2008, 07:37:03 AM
by AJ
How Do I acquire a Service repair manual for my Maytag Washer?

Started by alamogordo_ed

Replies: 4
Views: 6974
Last post July 08, 2008, 10:45:43 PM
by alamogordo_ed