Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

kenmore refrigerator model # 52552100 no ice

(1/2) > >>

davelita:
Kenmore model # 52552100 no ice.   No water in ice maker tray.  Fill tube is not frozen.   Optics working according to diagnostic testing.  I replaced entire ice maker (2198597).  Still no water getting to ice maker.   Could my inlet valve be bad?
Thanks

WHIRLPOOL Complete Icemaker Assembly (8 Cube) Part # 2198597

AJ:
Hi davelita,

I could not find the model number you listed, 52552100
Please take another look as it should have three numbers in front of that with a dot.
For example
--- Code: ---???.52552100
--- End code ---

AJ:
Being you said it has Optics and looking at the ice maker part number you put in I am going to take a guess and say this is a whirlpool made refrigerator as I could not find anything with that model number.

Being whirlpool made this guide should help you check the water valve.

Testing Ice Maker Water Valve

davelita:
Sorry, its a Kenmore 106.52552100.   The water dispenser works.    I can manually put water in the mold and the ice maker will produce ice.
Thanks

AJ:

--- Quote ---its a Kenmore 106.52552100
--- End quote ---

Yep, Whirlpool made.

--- Quote ---No water in ice maker tray.  Fill tube is not frozen.   Optics working according to diagnostic testing.  I replaced entire ice maker (2198597).  Still no water getting to ice maker.   Could my inlet valve be bad?
--- End quote ---

For no ice or low ice production, always confirm normal (0-5 Deg F) freezer temperatures before beginning diagnostic checks. The ice maker is designed not to run if the freezer in  not in this temperature range.

If your freezer is cold enough and you are sure the optics are working then I would go ahead and replace the water valve.

Optic Testing

--- Quote ---The water dispenser works.
--- End quote ---

This only tells you that there is running water to the refrigerator.
The water in the door uses a different part of the valve then the ice maker.

Change the water valve and let us know how it goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version