Forum > Chit Chat

Turn the heat up pwease!!!!

(1/3) > >>

JWWebster:
While North Dakotans get plenty of practice bundling up, folks in other parts of the country were still learning the basics.

In Mobile, Ala., hit by a rare arctic chill on the coast, Salvation Army spokesman Stacey Killingsworth said shelters were "filled to the brim." One that normally holds up to 28 homeless men a night has been averaging 115 in recent days, she said.

"We don't turn anyone away, including women and children. We've used cots and mats. We've put people in the auditorium and hallways," she said.

In Florida's Panhandle, vapor was rising off the Gulf as warm water met the frigid air.

"It's so cold that sparrows that have crawled under the plastic on our heated deck don't want to leave," said Scooter Montgomery, manager of Peg Leg Pete's Oyster Bar on Pensacola Beach.

AJ:
How cold is it there JW?

JWWebster:
31 right now gonna go down to 22 . How do yall keep the pipes from busting AJ? We gotta let ours drip.

JWWebster:
I gotta show yall my cousins deer he harvested up at our huntin camp. click pic to enlarge

AJ:

--- Quote from: JWWebster on January 08, 2010, 07:27:48 PM ---31 right now gonna go down to 22 . How do yall keep the pipes from busting AJ? We gotta let ours drip.

--- End quote ---

22 is nothing. I don't even put a jacket on unit it gets down to 10, lol..
A lot of outside water pipes are 10 feet under ground or more. The main that comes into our house comes in from under the basement floor.

Trailer homes have heat tape on the outside main water line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version