Author Topic: GE side by side - Freezer stops working - Doesnt happen all of the time.  (Read 2143 times)

Offline bobrien74834

• VIP Member
I have a GE DSS25KSRD side by side thats maybe going on 6 years old and every once in a while my freezer will get above freezing and most of the ice melts, pretty much everything in the freezer will start to unthaw. Then it will start working again and it will work a month or two before it gets back above freezing. I cleaned the coils thinking it could've been that but that didnt seem to do the trick. Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Here is a training manual from my friend Jimbo which explains how the ADC system works on your ice box. It will help you figure out where to look:  ADAPTIVE DEFROST CONTROLS
 I suspect you could have a faulty Thermistor. I have posted some of my friend Shawn Ryan's excellent how to videos on checking these machines as well as a late model GE service manual HERE
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
Its very common to find a burnt relay on the board for the compressor.  I would pull the plug on your fridge, remove the panel on the back of the fridge to access the Control Board.  Remove the wire's off the board, and then remove the board itself.  Inspect the back of the board closely.  I find a lot of these burned up.  Don't worry when pulling the wires off the board, they only go back on 1 way
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

GE side by side Refrigerator and freezer are not cooling.

Started by meamor

Replies: 1
Views: 4752
Last post January 15, 2009, 08:38:18 PM
by JWWebster
Freezer side 0 degrees fridge side 60 degrees

Started by dirtrider180

Replies: 3
Views: 2409
Last post April 07, 2009, 04:28:46 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
Kenmore side-by-side ice maker not working

Started by bpelles

Replies: 1
Views: 2172
Last post July 12, 2009, 08:45:32 PM
by JWWebster
MSD2756DEB Maytag side by side-freezer cold,but fridge is at 50 degree's

Started by djbrun

Replies: 7
Views: 2971
Last post September 07, 2009, 11:15:58 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
Side By Side Clean Steel Refrigerator water is not working..

Started by help with dryer

Replies: 5
Views: 2747
Last post March 16, 2010, 07:32:14 AM
by Repair-man
Freezer cold - Refridge warm - Side by Side with PICS!

Started by redspot321

Replies: 14
Views: 4503
Last post July 10, 2011, 06:20:35 PM
by redspot321