Forum > Dishwasher Repair

LG Dishwasher with LE error code

(1/2) > >>

xj-boonie:
I've got the same error code, same dishwasher - LDS5811BB and I looked for a cut wire - none.

I just pulled the inside apart - nothing odd found - darn o-rings hard to put back together!

My motor - the one with the knife blade on it - didn't turn freely - is it suppose to?

I did turn it with a small pliers - is that bad?

Once I got it all back together - I started a rinse cycle and so far it's running through it - 4 min left.  But the motor's making noise that it never use to before - very audible!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Mike

Al Capone:
Hi xj-boonie,

Please be sure to read, Posting Basics - Starting a New Topic.

Note were it says towards the bottom.

--- Quote ---Please do not ask your own question in a topic.
In other words, please don't hijack the topic and make it yours.
Start your own topic and reference the other topic related to your issue.
--- End quote ---

I have made your reply into a new topic and referenced the other topic that was related to your issue.

Thanks for posting your questions.

Repair-man:
Even a rookie technician would surmise that the motor has internal issues and would replace it. I advise you to do the same. Remember that parts purchased thru these links are returnable.

xj-boonie:
Thanks for the reply - I might be a mechanical engineer but am very much a rookie tech when it comes to appliances.  I figured it was the motor - it finished the quick rinse but then I tried a quick wash and it never finished it - LE code again.  So I'll be replacing the motor, and probably the o-rings.  Which vendors/links are you talking about?

Mike

Repair-man:
Over on the left side of every page here is a link to order parts by model number or part number. I know that RepairClinic has certain LG parts in stock...not sure about Appliance partsPros but you can paste your model into their lookups and find out.

Click the pic below

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version