Author Topic: Fridgaire oven F3 Error code  (Read 2980 times)

Offline gerryk60

• VIP Member
Fridgaire oven F3 Error code
« on: December 09, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
Frigidaire FGF379WECA Oven. Got the F3 error code.  Replaced the sensor and still getting the error code.  Checked wiring and resistance and seems fine.  It appears once the oven gets above 350 the code appears and shuts down the oven.  any ideas what next

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Fridgaire oven F3 Error code
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 03:41:29 PM »
sensor connection must be clean and tight.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline gerryk60

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 04:03:13 PM »
thanks however checked resistance at sensor connections and at board with sensor connected.  Wiring and connections okay. Wondering now if it is the board?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »
If it aint the sensor its the board but just to double check instead of buying and guessing you could send your board to Bruce and let him check it on the computer setup he has:

bruce
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline krazytech

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:10:54 PM »
on some models ...check the reset thermo at on the right side of the control panel .it if is tripped then you can get a f3...post a model number and I can check it.
Check the Basics first!!! Read the Manual !!!Buy the tech a Beer!!!

Offline gerryk60

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 02:05:04 PM »
 Fridgaire Model FGF379WECA  Thanks

Offline krazytech

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 03:46:01 PM »
When an oven with an electronic control fails, it usually signals the failure with an F code. These
F codes are considered by many people to be an indicator as to positively which part in the circuit
has failed (F1 a defective control, F3 a defective oven probe, and so on). To the embarrassment of
many servicemen who have believed this, they have installed the indicated part only to find it did not
correct the problem.
To troubleshoot an oven with an electronic oven control that is not operating:
1. Make sure electrical power is being supply to the control.
2. Disconnect power for 30 seconds. If fault returns when power is reconnected continue with the
following steps.
3. Go to the back of the control and disconnect the multi-pin plug.
4. Check the wiring diagram to determine which two pins in the plug (not on the EOC) are connected
to the oven sensor.
5. With an Ohmmeter check the resistance between the two pins in the plug that are connected
to the sensor. At room temperature:
STEP 1: If the meter reads below 900 Ohms or above 1200 Ohms, remove the sensor from the
oven and check it for resistance. If the resistance of the sensor is the same as reading at the plug, the
sensor is defective. If the resistance of the sensor reads between 900 & 1200, the wiring between the
control and the sensor is defective.
STEP 2: If the meter reads between 900 Ohms & 1200 Ohms check the resistance between one
of the pins going to the sensor and chassis. If the meter reads infinity go to step 3. If the meter shows
continuity, remove the sensor and check from one of its pins to the case of the sensor. If the meter
reads continuity, the sensor is defective. If the meter reads infinity, the wiring between the control and
the sensor is shorted to chassis of the range.
STEP 3: From the wiring diagram, determine which 3 wires if automatic lock or which 2 wires if
manual lock, in the plug is from the door lock switch or switches. From the diagram determine which
of the switches are open or closed when the door in the unlocked position. With an Ohmmeter check
to see if the switch that is shown open is open and the switch that is shown closed is closed by checking
the proper pins in the plug.
6. If the above checks test good and the relay on the board for the selected function is not closing replace the control.
Check the Basics first!!! Read the Manual !!!Buy the tech a Beer!!!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline gerryk60

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 08:24:48 AM »
Thanks Guys.  From your posts I think it maybe the eoc.  Will replace and let you all know

Offline gerryk60

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 09:02:37 AM »
Well replaced EOC Saturday and all seems okay so far.  Kids were able to bake cookies yesterday.  Guess the original sensor I replaced was okay.  Wish I had known about this site before would have been able to check the sensor and save some dollars.  Anyway special thanks to Krazytech and JWWebster for all their help.

Fridgidaire oven F! error code

Started by klm

Replies: 5
Views: 2346
Last post November 26, 2009, 05:22:08 PM
by krazytech
Whirlpool oven error code E0 F2

Started by dean

Replies: 4
Views: 12835
Last post July 13, 2011, 05:15:03 PM
by AJ
JennAir Oven: Broiler Stuck On, Error Code F2

Started by mrmambo

Replies: 10
Views: 5599
Last post September 10, 2010, 07:18:56 AM
by Repair-man
Whirlpool Built-In Double Ovens Kitchenaid Built-In Double Oven F5 E1 Error Code

Started by fixyourboard

Replies: 1
Views: 3273
Last post February 05, 2011, 11:46:54 AM
by krazytech
Kenmore (GE) Elite Double Oven 911 4901 3009 Error Code

Started by bizpm1

Replies: 8
Views: 2141
Last post July 08, 2012, 07:15:42 AM
by whjeffs
Whirlpool Microwave F2Q1 Error Code