Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Whirlpool Refrigerator

(1/2) > >>

bigolyt:
So my ice maker stopped working a week or so ago and I'm unsure why.

I've checked the receiver and emitter modules and all lights/sign point to it working. Whats the next (easiest :)) thing to try to get my ice maker to work before calling in support?

Not sure if that model number will work or will be familiar.... I purchased it from Costco.

Thanks in advance!

Model ED5FHAXSS00

JWWebster:
Could be a faulty water valve,dirty filter, reverse osmosis system(bad fer im's) or dirty refrigeration coils.

bigolyt:

--- Quote from: JWWebster on December 05, 2009, 12:13:07 AM ---Could be a faulty water valve,dirty filter, reverse osmosis system(bad fer im's) or dirty refrigeration coils.

--- End quote ---

The refrigerator is only a little over a year old. I've replaced the filter about a month ago (ice maker worked after the replacement). I'll check into the water valve since it seems the easiest to check :) What about the water valve? It seems like its getting plenty cold, but the water isnt coming out maybe? If I knew, I wouldnt be here...hehe

JWWebster:
 You can put a jumper between L and V and this will activate the watervalve.

Modular crescent Icemaker test points:

With NO power to the icemaker, and
 ice ejection fingers in the freeze position:
 Your ohm meter should read 8800 ohms between L and M,
 and 72 ohms between L and H.

With power ON to the ice maker:  
If meter reads 0 volts between L and N you have no power to the ice maker.
 If the meter reads 120 volts then you have power to the ice maker.
If you have 0 volts between L and H heater is off if you have 120 between L and H the heater should be ON. If you have 0 power between L and M the motor is off. If you have 120 between L and M then the motor should be ON. If you have 0 volts between T and H the thermostat is closed If the meter reads 120 between T and H then the thermostat is OPEN. If the voltage is 0 between N and V the water valve is closed. If the meter reads 120 water should be filling the mold.
Manual

bigolyt:
Is the fill tube the black tube that hangs down about an inch long? If so, how do I get to it?

I emailed Whirpool and they said it could be that. I did notice that the ice maker control lights werent flashing like they should (solid red light when the flap is pressed down, and flashing red when its open)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version