Author Topic: Whirlpool Oven Board 8302967 Factory Backorder  (Read 6759 times)

Offline fixyourboard

• Technician
    • Repair control boards for home appliances
Whirlpool Oven Board 8302967 Factory Backorder
« on: November 30, 2009, 11:30:16 AM »
We're seeing a lot of these come into the shop for either an E6-F2 error, blank display (or intermittently goes dark) and/or incessant beeping. They are currently unavailable, the factory is showing an availability date of 12/31/09.

Non-availability infuriates the owner (with good reason). If you run into this situation we can repair these for you.

Several part numbers have been replaced by 8302967, like 4452890, 4451856, 4451991, 4452890, 4452898, 4453664, 4453664 to name a few.

One similar sounding symptom that is not due to a board failure:
If the display is just shutting off with no beeps or errors occurring, then first check that the oven isn't in its special mode that blanks the display after a short time-out. This mode is enabled/disabled by holding the CLOCK button for 5 seconds.

Best Regards,
Bruce
http://www.fixyourboard.com

Model RBD305

WHIRLPOOL 8302967 Control Board, AP3767567

www.fixyourboard.com - We repair electronic control boards.

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: Whirlpool Oven Board 8302967 Factory Backorder
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 07:21:09 PM »
Quote from: Bruce
If the display is just shutting off with no beeps or errors occurring, then first check that the oven isn't in its special mode that blanks the display after a short time-out. This mode is enabled/disabled by holding the CLOCK button for 5 seconds.

That would be the Sabbath mode, right?
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 08:26:07 PM »
Bruce I just had a brainstorm, what is the best oven board out there?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline fixyourboard

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »
Quote from: Bruce

That would be the Sabbath mode, right?

Yes, there are 2 modes I've seen, one is the Sabbath mode you mention, which blanks the display after setting a cooking mode and clears itself after 72 hours. The second mode (which is the one I was thinking of) causes the clock display to blank but leaves the temperature indicator on during cooking. I doesn't clear itself as I recall but the details vary between models.

Offline fixyourboard

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »
Bruce I just had a brainstorm, what is the best oven board out there?

JW,

You ask a great question! I don't think it's been designed yet ... but I'm thinking about it  ;).

or ... it's the board that has never entered our shop ... so we haven't seen it!

It's an interesting design problem, not only electronically, but also from a thermal and mechanical point of view. How the board is shielded from the high temperature of the oven cavity and, believe me,  grease splatter can have a big impact on its reliability. And, as we've seen here, sometimes, in an effort to add cool hidden features, the marketing guys outsmart themselves with unintended consequences. The details are subtle and of course that's where the Devil and Murphy conspire...

You've got me thinking to start a separate thread on this subject. With all the knowledge and experience on this forum I think we could develop a design criteria for the ultimate high reliability, long lifetime, intuitive user interface, etc, oven controller. I mean, really, why should an oven fail to the point of replacement in our lifetime ... it's a steel box with some heaters ...

Keep on with those thought  provoking questions!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 11:39:49 AM »
My idea was a generic board based on a solid performer that would mount in a cozy place within the range free from the heat and grease associated with failure, a poured resin design like used on high voltage brains in cars. The board would feature ports for all brands plus generic terminals marked for BR and BK, with its own generic sensor. Now here's the kicker: The board will not mount on the face of the range, instead it will have a peel and stick touch pad that lays over existing equipment. That is my idea.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:41:45 AM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 12:03:56 PM »
My idea was a generic board based on a solid performer that would mount in a cozy place within the range free from the heat and grease associated with failure, a poured resin design like used on high voltage brains in cars. The board would feature ports for all brands plus generic terminals marked for BR and BK, with its own generic sensor. Now here's the kicker: The board will not mount on the face of the range, instead it will have a peel and stick touch pad that lays over existing equipment. That is my idea.

and it could be sold at Walmart for $18.88, lol...

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 12:56:07 PM »
Or you could just plug a wireless router into the harness
and run the range from your PC. Have a little dude pop up and holla Brownies is did!  :rofl:
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

8302967 Whirlpool Oven Range Clock Control Board

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 6648
Last post March 12, 2009, 09:43:18 PM
by AJ
9757476 Whirlpool Oven Clock Control Board

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 3740
Last post June 10, 2009, 01:37:52 PM