Author Topic: Pumps in Condense Tumble Dryers  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Juan

• VIP Member
Pumps in Condense Tumble Dryers
« on: December 14, 2009, 03:00:41 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to investigate the market for pumps in tumble dryers. I have been talking with some people in a Forum in the UK and they said that there is a small "lift pump" in condense tumble dryera. Is this the same in America?Do all tumble dryers have this smalll pump?

Thank you!! ;D

Juan

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Pumps in Condense Tumble Dryers
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »
I ain't even seen a tumble dryer
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 06:27:05 AM »
JW, I believe he is referring to the line of 24" ventless compact dryers we are beginning to see in the Bosch line, etc. Some kind soul might point out that we are not experts on most Euro designs due to the lack of their presence in our location. Got plenty of Juans though...

Just curious, Juan...you from mexico or spain area? Denmark is sorta far from most  people named Juan :)

...and btw, JW, all dryers are tumble dryers here so you should be familiar with them
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:32:25 AM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline Juan

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 06:41:13 AM »
Hi!

I am refering to the condense dryers. According to a conversation I had with an English installer, these dryers use a pump to 'lift' the water up into the container at the top. He said that only small amounts of water are involved so it is not a very big pump.

On the other hand when I talked to a Spanish installer, he told me that there are no dryers using these kind of pumps. They use gravity to drain the water.

I would like to know if condense dryers this "lift" pumps to drain the water

I am from Peru but am studying in Denmark  ;D

Juan is a very common name in Spanish speaking countries.

Hope you can help me

Thank you!

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 07:20:52 AM »
As much as I would like to help you, I must emphasize that this forum is located in America. Most of us have had limited exposure to the Euro designs, however some of the other techs such as Brnt Toast might be able to help if they read this article.

You seem to be basing your question on conversations with various installers. This in itself is asking for trouble, since 90% of my service calls involve an appliance which had installation issues.
The solution to your problem is to do a Google search for the parent company and go to their website. They all provide Installation guides for their products and are happy to share them in hopes of getting aproper installation. I wish other installers would (or could) read them :)

btw, I like Peru a lot. Tried some of their "exports". Spanish is a second language here in Texas.
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 10:36:27 AM »
I ain't sure how condenser dryers work exactly but I did read a bit about them. They are ventless dryers. The clothes go inside a double drum. The heat is contained between the 2 drums. Humidity causes water in the drying process and therefore needs to be dumped from time to time. It is supposed to be energy efficient ,bla bla bla. I was thinking about making my own version of a condenser dryer by putting a dryer inside of a black box out in the yard on a pallet. Run the vent pipe back in the side of dryer just connect 120 volts to neutral and black which is the motor side.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Whirlpool Tumble Dryers

Started by Penguin45

Replies: 2
Views: 1354
Last post November 22, 2008, 01:33:23 PM
by Penguin45
Dryers, not just for drying cloths anymore...

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1609
Last post November 03, 2007, 09:58:32 AM
by AJ
General Electric Recalls Gas Dryers Due to Shock Hazard

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 2294
Last post February 12, 2008, 05:32:59 PM
by whirlpooltech
Electric Dryers - 3 and 4 wire options.